Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'seat'.
Found 3 results
So i was looking at the seat and figured I could raise the front a bit more as there's vertical wiggle room between the upper and lower settings where that front tab sits. So.... I grabbed some fender washers and electrical tape and got to work. 3 washers seems to be about the max. There's now no wiggle room up and down and the slope is 3/8" less slope-y 😂. All original points of contact still make contact. It still seems secure and I think it's a great penny mod. Test rode for half an hour and mucho better.
I test drove a 2017 tracer for not more than twenty minutes and found the seat amazingly painful after this short ride. Anyone else have seat issues and is there a fix? I love the bike and want it for touring but that seems impossible with that seat. Comments welcome. BTW, nope ! I don't have hemorrhoids 🤣. Thanks
(1 of 2) For the past few weeks, I have been toiling away trying to rebuild or fix the standard driver seat, which we're all aware has issues. Mine are that the part your butt actually rests on is maybe 1/2 inch thick, allowing pressure points over time. The other is my inner thighs rubbing the outer portions of the seat cushion. So I set out to make a more comfortable seat, and having watched tons of YouTube videos, began my quest. It did not go well... I purchased a few items to begin, trying to keep costs below $75 US: - 3" x 3' x 3' high density foam, foam glue, marine-grade vinyl (ostrich!!), and a 1/4" x 2' x 2' square of memory foam. I first removed the staples around the under side of the seat, stopping only to wonder what I should do about the piece that locks the seat to the bike. Since there were staples tucked under it. I snapped the bolt. Must have been some loctite in there or something. No matter, I replaced it with a quick trip to home depot, and $2.07 later I had one 1/4 bolt, a locking nut and a washer. Next, I traced the seat pan onto the foam leaving extra space at the edge and cut the foam with a bread knife, because I was too cheap to buy an electric knife. Mistake! It took forever and the edges were very ragged. Also, it's extremely imprecise, so fine-tuning your shape is nearly impossible. Once cut, I glued the single layer onto the pan (above). Mistake! Don't glue anything to the pan unless you're 150% sure it won't need to come off. If you decide to use high density foam, do not use a single layer that goes from the rear to the front of the pan. Use one layer from the rear to the bottom of the "seat horn" (quasi-saddle term), then glue more layers to build up to the height of the front of the pan. The thing looked awful but if I could make it comfortable, and cover it over, I don't really care. So the single layer wasn't working out. I could feel every single groove in the seat pan through the foam. It was worse than before, was sitting me up higher, and forcing me farther forward!!!! I purchased a wire cutter for my drill, as I have no need other than this project for a rotary cutter of any sort. Mistake!! While I could use it to shape the foam, it was unwieldy (read: if you're not careful, you'll catch a finger), untidy, and imprecise.