• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2018 Doesn't Exist?

Hi all. I just bought a 2018 Tracer 900. As in just bought, I mean last night. It has a damaged windscreen and a cracked lefthand mirror. 

Hitting Fortnine and other sites, I've encountered an interesting phenomenon. None of them have the Tracer 900 listed in the 2018 Yamaha lineup.There's

I confirmed via the VIN that it's a 2018.

Then I thought the previous owner threw some Tracer stickers onto a FJ-09. Nope, there's no FJ-09 on the sites in the 2018 lineup and my manual is for a 2018 Tracer 900. 

How do I order parts for this bike? Do I just use a 2019? I figured that would be easier, but then... in the comments under 1 of the windscreens someone said "fits the 2018 Tracer not the 2019 Tracer". Well damn! Now I'm scared to use a 2019 as the same bike.

Has anyone else encountered this? Suggestions? Wisdom? 

• Supporting Member

I’m not sure about Canada but in the U.S. the FJ 09 was available as ‘15-‘17 models, Yamaha skipped a year and then released the Tracer and GT as a‘19 model. For ‘20 only the GT was available, no base model. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

That's weird... 😱

Screenshot (10).png

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

Maybe it was a 2019 model manufactured in 2018?

I wondered that. But the VIN says it’s a 2018 model. I did some digging, in Canada there was a 2018 Tracer. Not in the USA. 

So I’m going with this...

1. the 2018 and 2019 are identical. (Hopefully)

2. The person with the negative review didn’t buy the mounting kit for that particular windshield which is why he couldn’t fit it.

ive ordered a new windscreen and mirror. Fingers crossed. 

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, JohnInEdmonton said:

Edmonton, AB

I'm in PA, USA but my son Lives in Edmonton, AB. Love going to the Jazz club up there when we visit. Not uncommon for a model to be released in one country and not another.  Enjoy the ride.

3 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I'm in PA, USA but my son Lives in Edmonton, AB. Love going to the Jazz club up there when we visit. Not uncommon for a model to be released in one country and not another.  Enjoy the ride.

Interesting. My family is from Lancaster county in PA. They moved here in the 40's, and a few moved back to PA in the 70's. I've been to PA a few times to visit; nice country. 

Look me up if you're ever coming for a visit. You'll know what bike I'll be arriving on... 

• Thumbsup 1

Maybe I missed something but which year does it most closely resemble and have parts? I have had both the FJ and now tracer (USA). Not sure that a slight difference in year would matter would be my thought. Only two options. But let’s see a pic of the unicorn please.  

Yamaha released a 2018 Tracer 900 prior to the 2019 and 2019 GT models.

I actually bought my 2019 GT in August 2018. So the 2018 Tracer was available for a fairly short period of time but they did exist - I sat on one at the Toronto bike show that year and asked the sales person when the GT was coming out. 😊

Rob