2018 Doesn't Exist?

17 minutes ago, smurph said:

If you need a brand new SW-Motech rear pannier rack... let me know :). Congrats on the bike. You're going to love it. 

Right now I need... well... almost everything! LOL I'll send you a DM. 

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member

Interesting conundrum.

You're going to love the bike, whatever you're able to figure out of it.  I can tell you from experience that FortNine returns are great.  They include a return label, the return time is generous, but they will deduct return shipping from the refund total.  Shipping isn't all that expensive, so it's still a decent transaction.

If you're as curious as I am, we could meet at some point and compare models.  I'm waiting on a seat cover so can't ride until it's fitted; I hope to have it back in the next couple of weeks.

It's looking like there's dang near a Tracer / FJ-09 chapter in Alberta!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 hour ago, madsquabbles said:

Maybe I missed something but which year does it most closely resemble and have parts? I have had both the FJ and now tracer (USA). Not sure that a slight difference in year would matter would be my thought. Only two options. But let’s see a pic of the unicorn please.  

For the most part I'm just going to pretend it's a 2019 when shopping online. What confused/scared me was that 1 review of the windscreen claiming the fitting was different for the 2018 vs the 2019. That made me say "oh crap!" to myself, as I'd ordered a bunch of stuff for it already. 

But I think the guy on the windscreen didn't buy the mounting kit, so he couldn't fit it and assumed it was a model year difference. At least, that's what I'm hoping for! 

• Thumbsup 1