• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Quick 4-Day ride to California

betoney

17 hours ago, duckie said:

Yep......Forest Road 1 ..........thanks ........and enjoy the memories..

5d72ec_cb7db861d99d471dbe62d807efe1f45c~

Ride South Fork Mountain Rd - Titlow Hilll Rd - Forest Road 1 in...

This is a great little road. A few years ago @JDChico89 and I took this road in July, and up on the highest ridge, in the shade, we hit patches of unplowed snow on the road, some of them 30-50 yards long, maybe up to 12" deep. There were 4wd tracks to follow, but I ended up muddling my trusty SV through the snow on my well-worn Z6s. Meanwhile, JD was on his KLR with TKC-80s, and he gleefully rode that anvil through the snow, or trailblazing on the forest floor around the snow.  Never did that apocalypse-proof machine look so good to me as I paddled ungainly. 

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Great trip, @betoney! 36 is indeed worth crossing a couple (or many, for you easterners!) state lines to get to. In fact, I plan on heading up there this weekend. Although I'll be two up this time, I plan to run a figure 8 in the Trinity Alps between 36 and Happy Camp. Will be doing 96, 3 and a couple of "goat paths" in between. Will have to see if I can work Forest Route 1 in as well (hopefully the low snow winter in Cali means a snow-free road there). Can't wait!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1