What boots do you ride in?

Cruizin

Still have my very first and original pair of Australian made Rossi boots - they are very comfy but have not real ankle or shin protection.

Next up was SIDI which I worn out (had the sole replaced twice) but with age (mine) my foot has widened and they were no longer comfortable. These were great boots. Heaps of angle and shin protection and waterproof (until I wore the toe out).

Currently wearing Dainese Ladies Tempest D-WP boots are they are great. Very comfy and waterproof (have tested them in extreme weather conditions here is Oz and not a drop got in). The sole is this new Skywalker Tread which when you first wear sticks (as in doesn't slide freely) to the pegs but after a couple of wears they are just like the old pair and I can freely move my foot around on the pegs without any issues at all. Able to wear them all day long without any sore spots - so happy camper.

I also have a friend who has this boot in the Male sizing and is also extremely happy with the fit and performance.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• 1 year later...
My military boots gave out a few years ago and I invested in a pair of $150 Firstgear Kili WP boots.  The first ride in the rain started out great, however, after 14 minutes of riding in medium rainfall, my feet were completely soaked.  What a complete disappointment for a decent pair of comfortable boots.  This year I pulled the trigger on a pair of Dainese Nexus D waterproof boots.  Last night on the way home from work at midnight in the best downpour of the year they did not leak at all; very encouraging after spending this amount of money.  But when you spend this much time in the saddle, good gear is worth its weight in gold.  

boots_edit.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Dainese-Nexus-Sports-Motorbike-Motorcycle/dp/B018UIY6KS/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1525885979&sr=1-3&keywords=dainese+race+boots

• Thumbsup 1

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member

I am looking for a good pair of motorcycle boots that double as hiking boots. Does anyone have advice for either a good hiking boot that has a strong enough shank for riding or a good motorcycle boot that is comfortable to hike in? It would be nice to not have to change boots when we find hiking spots along rides. Any advice or suggestions would be grateful.

• Supporting Member

I have used the Spidi XP3 Boot for several years with no problems and find them very comfortable to ride and walk in.  They are vented and in the summer you can feel air flow but surprisingly in the cold weather my feet have never gotten cold.  If you are the type that chooses to commute in the rain, they would not be your first choice.

Spidi.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

9 hours ago, racreative said:

I am looking for a good pair of motorcycle boots that double as hiking boots. Does anyone have advice for either a good hiking boot that has a strong enough shank for riding or a good motorcycle boot that is comfortable to hike in? It would be nice to not have to change boots when we find hiking spots along rides. Any advice or suggestions would be grateful.

If I know I want to walk/hike at the other end of a ride I use these from  Lowa. They are my winter walking boots, utterly waterproof and tall enough for good ankle protection on the bike. Just an idea for the type of boot, rather than a compulsion to buy this specific boot.

https://www.patrolstore.com/lowa-boots-mountain-gtx-p-594-1286.html?boot_size=3&keyword=&device=t&campaignid=281917972&adgroupid=25291628212&feeditemid=&targetid=pla-343089801003&matchtype=&network=g&devicemodel=&adposition=1o4&no_cache=2473670371373782495&creative=68692914052&gclid=CjwKCAiA1ZDiBRAXEiwAIWyNC4xxug2HTn8At-VP4kGV98O6FilIqTTmFU4bxQxKjAvVVBlcRKZEdBoCD2cQAvD_BwE 

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Depends on the weather ...

In the rain and in combination with rev'it textile suit I use Sidi Adventure 2 goretex boots ...

Sidi-Adventure-2-Gore-2.thumb.jpg.862866874c05fac2adb273c00f0e5eaf.jpg

And for sunny days and short trips in leather suit I use TCX RT-race boots ...

tcxrt_race_boots_750x750.jpg.34cf7dbd9c6662faf17afcdf0c583bcb.jpg

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, BBB said:

Thank you. I was just looking at some boots similar to these. They resemble the boots the Highway Patrol wear. I went down a few years ago and shaved down my ankle bone pretty good. I am a little subjective about foot and ankle protection than I used to be. Right now I wear Joe Rockets Big Bang boots and they are comfortable for riding but extremely heavy for hiking. 

• Premium Member

Waterproof Tour Master Solution 2.0 Boots, comfy enough to walk around in if you ride with a group and they are site seeing also if you yourself like to do a little hiking down to waterfalls, etc. Plus the price is nice on them and they wear pretty well. I also get them in the wide version. I wear an 11.5 EE in New Balance. I wear a 46 Wide in these. 

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/street_boots/waterproof_sport_street_touring_boots/tour_master/solution_2_0_waterproof_road_boots.html

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I still love my Sidi Canyon Boots.  100% waterproof, and easy to walk in after you get off the bike. The ratcheting strap system is genius, so easy to tighten and loosen these boots. 

In my experience, these are the very best street bike boots I have ever owned. So comfortable, rugged, protective, weather proof, easy to walk in. 

sidi_canyon_gore_tex_boots_750x750.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 1:22 PM, dedsxy47 said:

My military boots gave out a few years ago and I invested in a pair of $150 Firstgear Kili WP boots.  The first ride in the rain started out great, however, after 14 minutes of riding in medium rainfall, my feet were completely soaked.  What a complete disappointment for a decent pair of comfortable boots.  This year I pulled the trigger on a pair of Dainese Nexus D waterproof boots.  Last night on the way home from work at midnight in the best downpour of the year they did not leak at all; very encouraging after spending this amount of money.  But when you spend this much time in the saddle, good gear is worth its weight in gold.  

boots_edit.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Dainese-Nexus-Sports-Motorbike-Motorcycle/dp/B018UIY6KS/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1525885979&sr=1-3&keywords=dainese+race+boots

I've always found Firstgear & Tourmaster stuff to be leaky.

This is an interesting watch - the guy from Fortnine (here in Canada) does some pretty clever videos. His findings will support what you've experienced with your Dainese boots!

Cheers

Rob