What boots do you ride in?

Cruizin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

alpinestars_air_plusv2_xcr_gore_tex_boot

Alpinestars air plus V2 XCR Gore-Tex 

I'm a year round, all weather commuter.  My feet absolutely have to breath. These breath plenty enough for Central Texas Summers and are warm enough for the winter. I have not had any issues with them leaking at all. Extremely happy with them. Highly recommended if you're like me and have to have something breathable.

• Thumbsup 2

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Rev'It Trail H2O or Gravel OutDry?

Thinking forward (if I buy these), do you know how to get these resoled? From my emailing of Rev'It and Vibram, it seems like you have to work through Rev'It directly and the process and price is unclear. The soles at any rate don't seem to be for sale on their own.

• 7 months later...

I'm using Bilt boots sold by Cycle gear.

Sizing is -1 or more to my foot size.

After 3 years the left boot's leather is cracking in at least three places below the ankle. its showing the leather is about paper thin on

the outside layer. If it was ever water resistant - its not anymore.

• 6 months later...

Two pair of USA Chippewa's.  

> One light weight pair that are part leather, part cordura for warm weather, side zipper, storm flap.  Can walk around all day in them.  (no pic)

> One pair heavy duty "Rally" boots.  Brown bison hide, calf skin lined.  For cold weather, not for walking at all.  Great when I lived in Colo....may never wear them again, now that I'm in Arkansas!

Like this, only brown bison.

Chippewa Motorcycle Boots | Sheplers

am wearing safety shoes for my ride... not those safety shoes that is real hard leather/pvc, it has evolve to a more fashion like shoes these days! last 4 years rode a scooter after 2 decades of not riding a motorcycle, had a fall and the bike frame fell on my toes and it still hurt now, hence decided safety shoes is the way forward. 

• Thumbsup 1

Bought these to try something different.  Very comfortable but not fully waterproof.  I've also got sealskin waterproof socks now aswel.

On a proper trip I'd probably wear my tcx goretex. 

Richa Krazy Horse Leather Boots - Brown from the UK's leading...

When I returned to motorbike riding about 12 years ago I picked up a pair of Ex army combat boots issued but looking like never worn and brand new as a temporary measure intending to replace them with a motorbike specific pair within a few months. These were so comfortable I ended up riding in them for 8 years. Now I am using a pair of RST Paragon waterproof boots Ride motorbike magazine best buy recomendation.

combat boots.jpg

RST Paragon boots.jpg

I use these. Have them for 6 years now and will be ready over the winter to get a new set. Have kept my feet dry in the biggest downpours. I also have a EE Wide foot and these come in regular and wide sizes. I wear a 11.5 EE in New Balance. I wear a 12 wide, that's in this boot and they are perfect. Still keeping my feet dry for 6 years. I remember I got these blemished for $89.00. At $129.00 they are still an excellent value.

Solution2Pair__Medium_.jpg

The Solution 2.0 boot from Tour Master is the second version of...

Was thinking of trying these the next time. I am in Louisiana and the hot humid is bad. They are supposed to be waterproof just like the non air version.

8605-0105-40-7.jpg

The Solution WP Air Road Boot is a summer variation on...

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• 3 weeks later...