What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

I got a Bell RS1 Helmet last summer and really like it. When you look at the UK SHARP testing, all the Bell helmets rank very high across the board.

Very comfortable and the internal lining is so smooth and comfy. I don't miss my Shoie 1200 at all. In fact, the RS1 got a higher crash test rating from Sharp than the 1200 did.

I also got the Transitions shield, which automatically changes tint according to how bright the UV is. Works like the Transitions glasses. Let me tell you, when you get used to the transitions auto shield, to hell with everything else.

Five Stars Cruizin rating on helmet and shield!

• Premium Member
Shoei XR1100, 5 stars from Sharp. Well vented so a bit breezy for some, so not good for track days but great for trips to southern Europe in summer.

You can change the thickness of the cheek pads to get a better fit. I got some of the narrowest ones and it is now a great fit. Like it so much I bought a 2nd one when they were discounted to £249
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Matte Black Scorpion EXO-R710

Nothing special. Matte Black looks nice with the matte grey bike and it's SNELL2015 rated, for whatever that's worth.

I just got the helmet Monday. I'm not sure I'm ready to spend really big money on a helmet yet so I went with this medium grade helmet. Transition shield would be killer but I find I'm replacing shields more often than I'd like to get rid of scratches. Probably once or twice a season at least on my last helmet. Aren't the transition shields $100-$150? It would be painful replacing that very often.

Shoei GT-aire. It may not be snell becuase of the jet fighter pilot half visor, but its really nice being able to switch between the 2 visors as the sun comes up or goes down without pulling over to take off sunglasses or the like. I tired carrying around different tinted visors for my old helmet, and that was just a PITA.
  • Thumbsup 1

Shoei GT-aire. It may not be snell becuase of the jet fighter pilot half visor, but its really nice being able to switch between the 2 visors as the sun comes up or goes down without pulling over to take off sunglasses or the like. I tired carrying around different tinted visors for my old helmet, and that was just a PITA.

That s what I like about the Bell Transitions shield. It just automatically changes degree of tint. Goes from clear to dark tint really fast and I can't imagine riding without it. I had heard that Shoie is coming out with their own photochramtic shield and I really recommend checking it out.

That s what I like about the Bell Transitions shield. It just automatically changes degree of tint. Goes from clear to dark tint really fast and I can't imagine riding without it. I had heard that Shoie is coming out with their own photochramtic shield and I really recommend checking it out.

I have the transition tint as well. Its the only way to go.

Had I the money, I would try one of the AR-1 Skully helmets with the E-tint, that looks sweet.
I may not have that, but I do have a much more affordable sena smh-5 bluetooth devices hooked up into my shoei. I'm as close as possible to having that as my budget allows, But I'll keep an eye out for that kind of stuff, never know who is gunna make a retrofit or something...

Kabuto Kamui Fluente.  It's their sport-touring hat and everything about it is excellent.  I am a neutral to slightly round head with a pretty square face and the fit is pretty much perfect.  Graphics, ventilation, aerodynamics are also.  It has a drop down sun screen that works just fine.  Weight is good and it uses a ratchet fastener rather than D rings, which I like a lot better.  You might have trouble finding a dealer that has them on hand but you can always email the distributor (Western Power Sports) and ask if they can point you to someone.