What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

Purchased a new RF1200 Mystify graphics and the Transition shield from Motorcyclegear.com.
Only have used it on one 300 mile ride so far. Really like the Transition shield, works as it should.
Had a TZ-R previous to this helmet and I liked the one front top vent-over the 3 individual top vents on the 1200, not a deal-breaker.

I have an Arai rx-q. Bought it on closeout hoping the known quality would make a good helmet. I've had it for 2 years now and honestly I hate it. Sure it vents great but I wear earplugs and it's still too noisy. In the last year I had a vent and the screen tab break. The customer support was fantastic with second replacements though. I like what bell is making lately for the money.

• Premium Member
For street riding I run a Shoei Qwest with "Prestige"graphics. Because, 'Murica.  :D

shoei_helmets_qwest_prestige_tc2_side_zps9pfsr8j3.jpg
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
I have an HJC Symax. I bought it ~10 years ago, wore it for three years, then put it in a sealed storage container along with the rest of my gear. It seems fine but I will likely replace it very soon.

This was my first modular helmet. The Shuberths were new in the USA at the time, but they just didn't fit my head. Likewise with Shoei's modulars, which was weird because I had always worn Shoeis RFs since the 1980s.

I tried on a Skorpion modular helmet at the dealer yesterday and it had the same problem as the Shuberth and Shoei I tried years ago: The chin bar contacts my face, hard. I guess I have a caveman chin or something. Hopefully I can find an HJC dealer soon to try on something new.

There were listings for all of that from the same seller in Italy on eBay.

This guy: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=vincenzocalabrese&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1312.R2.TR0.TRC2.A0.H0.TRS4&_nkw=roof&_sacat=0

When I ordered it I also ordered the iridium shield (super dark, would get a bit lighter shield if I were doing it again) and I failed to tighten the fastener on one side and lost the screw and the cap and had to order them from him as well.

New Bell RS-1.
It has great peripheral and adequate vertical vision, but my prescription sunglasses sit a bit high.
It's quiet and is lighter and fits better than the Bell star carbon.

Previous was a KBC, it was light and comfortable but it's vent covers de-laminated after getting wet.
Before that, a couple of AGVs, and before that, a Shoei RF-200.

• 2 weeks later...
He ! Wow ! I just bought the exact same helmet ! Same color too !  :D 
It is replacing a more than 10 years old Arai Quantum II...  :P

I like it a lot, it fits me well, and is very confortable.
What I don't like about it is the chin clip. It touches my adam's apple and its not very confortable.  x_x
I have to push the strap forward at sometimes.

I liked better my Arai's chin's strap.

What I don't like about it is the chin clip. It touches my adam's apple and its not very confortable.  x_x

I was about to choose the Hi-viz with europe map, but I didn't have the guts to drive around with it, it was to much hi-viz.

I read that the chin clip was a big problem on the previous model, C3.
It doesn't bother me, maybe there is something wrong with your adam's apple :)

I also tried the BMW which is about the same model but that didn't fit me at all. Another customer in the shop had the opposite experience.

Have you tried to adjust the strap?

"Schuberth also adjusted their microlock fastening mechanism, to adjust for further feedback. The chin strap is now adjustable from both sides so you can adjust exactly where the two sides meet, and the buckle has also been redesigned. The chin strap has also been repositioned to further help for fit and comfort, as some people were also having issues with it hitting their throat or Adam's apple uncomfortably"

https://rideapart.com/articles/gear-schuberth-c3-pro