What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

I've been wearing a Shoei Neotec for several years.  I just got a Neotec 2.  Comfort and convenience are it's major advantages for me.  It is fairly quiet, but also fairly warm.  I have an oval head and the RF1200 is also a good fit for me.

I'm lucky in that I live near Iron Pony, a huge motorcycle accessories and apparel retailer.  I tried on all the current modular helmets and narrowed my choices down to the Neotec 2 and the Bell SRT Modular.  I chose the Shoei based on past satisfaction with their products, but it was close.

image.png.9143e355006902c4c10ce1d21385f612.png

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

GMax MD01S.  

ECE rated modular helmet with heated visor.  I can't begin to say how awesome it is to have a visor that both keeps your face warm and will never ice over or fog up.  Comfortable and safe, nice quick-connect latch instead of d-rings that's really easy to work with gloves on, and room for a headset inside too.  Good stuff.

Downsides, it's a bit noisy (common to modular helmets) and a bit heavier (also, again, modular helmets).  

This one: 

gmax_helmets_md01_snow_modular_wired_col

The MD01S Helmet is a cold weather rider's best friend thanks to...

...except in black/grey, rather than the bitch'n pink.  Seeing this, though, I kinda wish I went pink.

I have the the Caberg Drft Evo Carbon and Bell Race Star (tracer colour scheme :P )

Caberg is very light, lighter than the Bell. I use it more often the Caberg as I never finish insalling my second Cardo system in the Bell, never had the time to install the pin lock and the Bell does'nt have the sun visor. When i ride to work I have the sun in my face, when I come back same story. 

The Caberg feels noisyer than the Bell and less ventilated. You can feel the quality (and the price) in every aspect of the Bell helmet but all in all i think the Caberg is a better all arround helmet because of the price difference (Caberg 300 euros, Bell 700€ ) 

I do not wear ear plugs as the ride to the job tajes only 15 minutes and only half of this time or less is on the highway

Edited by TheBigG

22 hours ago, Aminochelat said:

@Běžec I'd like to get the Schuberth E1.  It is no longer produced and getting it in red is a problem.  If I get it, it costs $ 900.

At FC-moto.de, they have the helmet you are looking for. and the price is relatively low. You may not find your size in the color you want.