What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

7 minutes ago, Runner said:

At adventuremoto.com.au, they have Schubert E1 Crossfire in red in sizes 55, 57 and 61.

1 hour ago, Aminochelat said:

@Běžec I searched this site, unfortunately they do not have the size I want.

Found Schuberth E1 crossfire at Motorstorm.it, but only in small and medium size. And medium is 56 - 57 cm.

• 2 weeks later...

On the helmet OP topic, I've been riding with the AGV Sport Modular for 2 years now (and replaced it with the exact same helmet once due to an accident), with a AGV AX-8 Dual Sport helmet before that. The Sport Modular is super lightweight and super comfortable.

Before getting it I had not considered a modular helmet before, but I'll never go back. The internal sun visor is key, and i've upgraded mine to have a smoke shield on the outside.

agv_helmets_agv_sport_modular_carbon_white_750x750.jpg.de8ad649220c55d233f3a02097554fbc.jpg

Only downside is the cost, which is hard to stomach for most. Personally... out of all my gear, i'll spend the money to get the best of the best for a helmet to protect my noggin. 

Edited by kaia
  • Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 4/25/2019 at 9:04 PM, 1moreroad said:

Trying to retire my Scorpion EXO T1200.  Excellent 1st impression.  3 years in, I'm replacing it.  It feels worn out.  The padding is worn out.  The air pump system to size the cheek pads leaks air.  I get a headache after about an hour on my forehead.  The protective styrofoam is wearing noticeably from the inside.  The sun visor scratches ridiculously easily.  The liner is frayed in places.  The plastic in the little sleeve around the helmet strap is cracked.  My previous two Shoei's never had these problems.  My first helmet, an HJC, didn't have Shoei longevity either.

It vents pretty well around the top of the head.  Mediocre at the chin.  Noise was similar to the Shoei X-11 which was never considered a quiet helmet.

I'm replacing it with a Klim TK1200 based on online reviews.  I only find it online (or 300+ miles away).  Ordered directly through Klim.  Rated a similar head shape.  Hopefully it fits.  Otherwise I'll be looking at Schuberth C3 Pros.

Love my Klim TK1200.  Once I get it on at least.  It is the tightest helmet I've had when you try to put it on. Once on it is perfect, and very light too.  I doubt I would buy one again though because of putting it on and taking it off.  

7 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Anyone know owt about these. Could be a xmas treat. 

Shark Evo-One 2 Blank - Matt Anthracite from the UK's leading...

It does well in the SHARP testing @Dodgy Knees

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 5 months later...

I have 2 helmets, an X-Lite X-802 Carlos Checa replica and an AGV Corsa R.

The AGV wind noise is terrible, I can't blame the screen on the Tracer as it was just as noisy when I rode my Fazer. To be honest the X-Lite isn't much better, my old Shoei that I bought in 2004 was way quieter but I don't have it anymore.

The X-Lite has a nice dark tint visor and the AGV has an iridium silver visor.

X-Lite-X-802RR-CCheca-Pearl-Blue-27.jpeg

corsa-r-e2205-top.jpg

Edited by andz

Just got back into riding after a few years hiatus - so I needed the full kit again.  Turns out I'm a long oval and finding those isn't easy (and explains why my old helmets always left that beautiful red mark on my forehead.)  I ended up looking through some reviews and found lots of mentions of LS2 helmets being LO sized and having a pretty good rep too.  I ended up going with their Challenger GT one and LOVE it.  The optics are fantastic, the built in sun visor is the best I've ever seen and ventilation is great in FL heat.  So far I got one little hotspot on the forehead, and had to slightly adjust the foam but it's great now.  Added a Cardo Freecom 4+ and I'm set!  Only other complaint so far is it's kinda noisy, but I'm tall so unless I get huge windshield, noise will always be an issue.

https://ls2helmets.com/uk/road/challenger-hpfc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, betoney said:

I recently did a 7 day ride with a buddy who just got a new Shoei Neotec, he didn't stop raving about the helmet the entire 7 days. 

I bought my third Shoei Neotec. Comfort is key on long days in the saddle and I can wear this helmet all day, day after day.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 months later...

Now looking at helmet, target ls2 vortex carbon or all the way Neotec 2 or agv modular(double ring which I dun really like), for won’t go wrong it wud be neotec 2 . Reading review best site is champion helmet, it shows the decibel etc which is more reality than just say quite, bit noisy, very noisy and some review with ear plug which guess any helmet with ear plug is good in terms of noise review. 

still deciding.....