What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

I also use a neotec,but im finding it noisy compared to my previous helmet.
Could it be the noise is caused by the turbulence from poo stock screen?  Prior to my FJ, I had no issues with noise.  This changed with the FJ so I thought it was the helmet and switched to my Shoei Qwest, no noticeable difference in noise levels.  FYI, webbikeworld also rates the Neotec as quieter than most.  http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/shoei/neotec/

Bell Revolver in Matte Black. Face flips up and has drop down visor that doesn't mess with my glasses. Snell and DOT certified at a good price.  Also mounts the Transitions Shield.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
I also have  the Shoei RF-1200. Just got it in white. Anyone know when the transitions lens for this one will be out, or where I can get one if it IS out?
It all depends on the age of your RF1200. 
I think the RF1200 was the same as the XR1100 in Europe. This model has been discontinued by Shoei and the last stocks are in the big warehouse type motorcycle clothing stores at a heavily discounted price. See http://www.shoei-europe.com/discontinued/ The NXR seems to be taking that price point now in Europe and seems identical to the current RF1200 on Shoei's US website

Seems you need a helmet that takes the CWR1 visor to get it in the Transitions material
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/235433 - £120 in the UK, or 3 times the price of a standard one. I think I'll keep wearing sunglasses!

The NXR takes the CWR1 visor. As does the new RF1200, of course.

After looking at the US Shoei site it seems Shoei keep the names in the US when they change the model. We always get a different designation which seems clearer, especially if they change the visor (yes, I should be on the stage with puns like that). The latest version of the RF1200 does take the CWR-1 visor, so if you have a recent RF1200, then you should be able to get a Transitions visor as they are on sale in the UK. Of course, if you have an older model with the CW-1 visor then you need a newer helmet. Shoei etches the visor model code on the visor. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Bell Revolver in Matte Black. Face flips up and has drop down visor that doesn't mess with my glasses. Snell and DOT certified at a good price.  Also mounts the Transitions Shield.
I just got the new bell revolver evo a few weeks ago for my fz6r. The new model is supposed to have greatly cut down on wind noise. Bottom line is, it's terrible. So loud I couldn't use it. I hear wind whistling around the modular seems. I'm hoping on the fj it will be quieter with a better windscreen but will have to see. Have you noticed anything similar? 
I switched back to my hjc is-maxx BT. I thought that was loud until I wore the evo.

I think the RF1200 was the same as the XR1100 in Europe. This model has been discontinued by Shoei and the last stocks are in the big warehouse type motorcycle clothing stores at a heavily discounted price. See http://www.shoei-europe.com/discontinued/ The NXR seems to be taking that price point now in Europe and seems identical to the current RF1200 on Shoei's US website

Seems you need a helmet that takes the CWR1 visor to get it in the Transitions material
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/235433

Not street legal??? WTFudge?

• Premium Member

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/235433

Not street legal??? WTFudge?

Dark visors aren't street legal in the UK/EU either - doesn't stop riders, including police officers allegedly using them.

What is the legal situation in the USA?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quite a few of us have clear visors, under which is a flip up shield. That's perfectly legal, it's just like wearing sunglasses.
Interestingly, if you have your dark shield down, and then flip up the clear visor..........

• Premium Member
Quite a few of us have clear visors, under which is a flip up shield. That's perfectly legal, it's just like wearing sunglasses. Interestingly, if you have your dark shield down, and then flip up the clear visor..........
Do you get a choice of helmets? If not do they custom fit to individual's heads? I have a torrid time trying to get a helmet to fit and it seems I have to go with the Japanese makes as I don't have a Teutonic or Italian shaped head.

Quite a few of us have clear visors, under which is a flip up shield. That's perfectly legal, it's just like wearing sunglasses. Interestingly, if you have your dark shield down, and then flip up the clear visor..........
Do you get a choice of helmets? If not do they custom fit to individual's heads? I have a torrid time trying to get a helmet to fit and it seems I have to go with the Japanese makes as I don't have a Teutonic or Italian shaped head.
I'm retired now, but of all of the types and makes of helmet that I was issued with, I had no choice about the make or model. Just had to accept the one which was being purchased over that period. Before the days of H&S, we wore fabric horse riding Jodhpurs and nylon jackets. Our helmets were half faced and we were issued with a pair of stadium split screen goggles (of which I still have an unused pair). Make me laugh and shudder at the same time.
I finished up with a BMW full face hemet and made to measure BKS leathers with armour fitted!

• Premium Member
I'm retired now, but of all of the types and makes of helmet that I was issued with, I had no choice about the make or model. Just had to accept the one which was being purchased over that period. Before the days of H&S, we wore fabric horse riding Jodhpurs and nylon jackets. Our helmets were half faced and we were issued with a pair of stadium split screen goggles (of which I still have an unused pair). Make me laugh and shudder at the same time.
I finished up with a BMW full face hemet and made to measure BKS leathers with armour fitted!
Jodhpurs, ouch. Seems Old Bill has actually made progress over the years. Do you still wear a flip-up on your Tracer? I am considering one but don't know what the disadvantages would be, more noise I guess for one. But I sometimes get very hot and almost claustrophobic in my full face helmet in summer and it would be nice to flip it open at stand still.