Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

What Helmet do you ride in?

On 2/13/2021 at 10:20 PM, roadwarrior said:

I received a Shoei RF-SR for Christmas. I then spent part of my latest Federal COVID stimulus check on the transition shield.

I've never spent more than a $100 and change on a helmet before, so this is all new ground for me.

It will be a few more months before I can try it out, but initial impressions are favorable

helmet.jpg

I went out and bought the same helmet, wore it on my ride home from the dealer, it’s extremely comfortable, can’t wait to use it once nicer weather rolls around. I’m also contemplating the transition shields, look forward to hearing how well you like that

On 2/14/2021 at 3:20 AM, roadwarrior said:

I received a Shoei RF-SR for Christmas. I then spent part of my latest Federal COVID stimulus check on the transition shield.

I have just taken delivery of my new Shoei Ryd which I think is the same model as the RF-SR. Have yet to use it yet but the day I will is getting closer and closer. I tend to buy a new helmet every three years, have a main helmet and a spare and ditch the oldest one when it is six years old.  I would be interested in feedback on the transitions visor that Shoei make for the helmet I thought it might be a useful addition seeing that the model does not come with a drop down sun shield.