What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
trambo, totally off subject - what bag is that on the back? Will it hold a full face helmet?
That's the old (discontinued) Cortech Sport tailbag. It will not hold a helmet, but great for raingear, gloves, bottled water, snacks and almost anything else.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

My current lid is a Shoei GT air in red/black, apart from the pinlock getting marked it's faultless and a perfect fit. The only down side that I have found is that I got a sunburnt nose since the drop down visor doesn't cover it. 

gt-air-jrn-tc1.jpg

trambo, totally off subject - what bag is that on the back? Will it hold a full face helmet?
I have a nelson riggs that looks quite similar, and I believe will hold a full face if it is unzipped fully.  It also has a rain cover that will go over it and unzips as well to cover it while fully expanded.  The first picture is zipped up and the second is fully loaded, although a little hard to see.   
IMG_0487.jpg

image_18.jpg

That's the old (discontinued) Cortech Sport tailbag. It will not hold a helmet, but great for raingear, gloves, bottled water, snacks and almost anything else.
That was very weird for a minute - I have the same bag (and bike, obviously), and I did a momentary double-take. That's one of the best tailbags there ever was - not huge, but expandable out to the sides, secures to the bike well, carries more than you'd think. My go-to when my saddlebags don't have enough space.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• Premium Member
That was very weird for a minute - I have the same bag (and bike, obviously), and I did a momentary double-take. That's one of the best tailbags there ever was - not huge, but expandable out to the sides, secures to the bike well, carries more than you'd think. My go-to when my saddlebags don't have enough space.
I totally agree, and I'm heartbroken that it's not my bag!! My buddy let me borrow it during the rally at Deals Gap for the week because my side cases were still backordered, so I rode with it all that week and LOVED it. When I got back home, I tried hard to find a new one on the innerwebz but they just aren't out there anymore. I found a few used ones, but they were either in lousy condition, or missing straps / parts that I needed. *sigh* The new Cortech Super 2.0 tailbag looks nice... but I'd really need to see one in person. On MY bike. Hmm....
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• 2 weeks later...
WP_20150721_006_zpsejjt6tql.jpg~originalBought a Bell Star Carbon RSD Sway helmet last week. Very impressed with fit and finish and outstanding ventilation. Compares well with my very old Arai RX-7 RR4. I'm an XL (61 cm) and they run a little on the large side, so I am going to try replacing the 45 mm cheek pads with 50 mm for a more snug fit.
STUFF EVERYTHING - I'VE ALWAYS GOT MY BIKE!

just got the schuberth c3 from revzilla ...discounted to $500. the problem is the fit ....have 30 days to try in the house and send it back if i do not like it ...we will see . so far is kind of loose ,but may be able to fix with inserts

• 3 weeks later...
i tried the $500 c3 but too loose on xl and too tigh on l
then tried the shoei neotec and just right in fit but too heavy .
so i just bought and arriving tomorrow the scorpion exo t1200 quattro ...we will see .the report on it are good and the construction appears to be state of the art...we will see tmw.

i tried the $500 c3 but too loose on xl and too tigh on l then tried the shoei neotec and just right in fit but too heavy .
so i just bought and arriving tomorrow the scorpion exo t1200 quattro ...we will see .the report on it are good and the construction appears to be state of the art...we will see tmw.
Let us know what you think of the exo t1200.  It is on my short list as I am looking for a new helmet to replace my aging HJC FS-15

the exo t1200 scorpionjust came in . many gimmicks on this helmet . air pump ,screw to limit drop of internal sun visor.....but the fit is almost right on.
my head size is 23.5 or 59.6 cm...and only few or maybe only shoei and scorpion make a large that is a 50 to 60 cm whereas most others have only 2 shell sizes and it goes 58 to 59 and 60 to 61 .
the interior of the helmet is not as plush nor as full underneath ( to keep noise out ) as the shoei and schuberth .

hope to get a ride on it today or tmw. when the rain stops .....

just took a short ride withth ehelmet and also did a comparison to my other helmets ...it is comfortable BUT NOISY ....i will give it one last try but so far looks like it is going back and will have to go for the neotec