Some new twisties

knyte

• Supporting Member

I was off-roading with a friend a year or so ago and we happened on this quiet, lonely two-lane slab in the middle of nowhere with only a very few houses around, and about 45 minutes out of the city.  It's open, but the shrubbery makes it feel enclosed and tight.  Nice little rises, some wonderfully banked tight turns.  Mental note:  bring the bike here.

Yesterday I did - it's a short stretch, but MAN is it fun.  I hope to go back with a friend so we can monitor for any incoming traffic and ensure we have it to ourselves.  I went back and forth a few times, but it was already late afternoon.  Mental note, come back earlier and bring a bigger lunch.

I stopped for a snack just north of the river at an abandoned farm house and just took in the afternoon.

On the way back to the city, southbound, I found a stretch through Elk Island National Park I hadn't been on before, and what a delightful surprise - it was much the same, undulating slab with very well banked curves, but FAR greener and better scenery, eventually stopping for some more water at Astotin Lake.

20210606_160158.thumb.jpg.fe96dd586e1e0ea17889b45265eb0ed2.jpg

P6060033.JPG

P6060037.JPG

20210606_171257.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount