Dropped / crashed Nikens

maximNikenGT

The YouTube red head lifting up that bagger is cute. But it is at maybe 45 degrees....propped half way up on the side cases. She puts her butt on a seat that is a couple feet off the ground. Think there would have to be a different technique if the bike is laying flat on its side. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, Zach26 said:

There's a video of it.

Yep, I've seen it many times, but sometimes - just sometimes - the angle in which to stand and how the bike is at rest may not be conducive to an easy upright.  I've lifted mine twice now, successfully, but once it fell over in such a way as the tires would be about 2" higher than the rest of the bike, as it sat laying down - and that's all it took to create a near impossible lift (for me).  We haven't met yet, so you may not understand my physical limitations.  My g/f and I were able to easily get it upright, however.

Point being, in the heat of the moment, so to speak, the anxiety and such of the 'incident', plus the effort it takes to upright it - a person can heat up and begin profusely sweating in mere seconds.  Therefore I can relate 100% to gearing down before attempting a lift.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

I remember watching this video to see if I could get a better sense of when the Niken's grip goes in comparison to a standard two wheeled motorcycle and I recall  thinking that it's not so much you have better grip so much as it's easier to catch a marginal front end slide on the Niken vs. a regular motorcycle. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 8 months later...
  • Supporting Member
3 hours ago, karamurat said:

Screenshot_20220228-011334_Instagram.jpg

Oh boy sorry to see this. What happened, was there some kind of failure or were you in a crash?

Will the bike be repaired or written off?

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, karamurat said:

Front whell shock absorber

Screenshot_20220228-011411_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220228-011343_Instagram.jpg

You ok? What happened?

2019 Niken GT

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Am curious his long replacement parts will take to arrive. I've heard suspension parts could take two years for some others.  

2019 Niken GT