Riding in the heat

PeterL

23 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

I live in England, we don't have heat here that's how I cope with it (although the rain occasionally gets warm) 😂😂🤣

What he said😂27c here today, we are all suffering heat exhaustion 😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw this thread.  Mid June rode across Kansas in 105F temperatures.  Had on 2 t-shirts under my airbag vest under my mesh jacket.  As long as I kept my visor closed it was not too bad.  Opening the visor was like putting my face in front of a hair dryer on high!  I did sweat a lot but no worse than I done other times.  2nd day out and was tough and I drank a lot but when I needed gas I needed a bathroom break which is a good sign of not sweating too much.  As a couple have mentioned the airbag vest (Dianese D-Air) slows the airflow down some but I could change my position and have a good flow over my shoulders and then lean forward a bit and then have a good flow around my torso.  Wasn't fun but have had worse rides.  Have ridden in 100 to 102F in much higher humidity and it was tough.  I wear solid overprints which do breath a little and I opened the zippers on the outside of my thighs which gave me some cooling flow but again not a 75MPH blast either.   Stopped for gas when I got on I135 and didnt stop for 170 miles when I stopped for gas and fluids.  

My jacket is a RevIt mesh but with mesh on the inside of the arms and on the torso but all impact points are solid except for the back.

• 2 weeks later...