• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hello from Cincinnati

RayJ

Actually joined in 2020 but am just now getting a 2021 GT in a couple of days. Look forward to being an active forum contributor. Coming off a 2008 Versys and that forum really helped me farkle the beast over the years.

Can anybody tell me what needs to be added to a new GT, or any funky items I have to get used too? Sounds like the aux. electronics might be a bit weak and a fuse block is in order, and there might be some mystery buzz. Thanks.

RayJ

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Buy a skid plate when it becomes available for the bike to protect the exposed oil sump; SRC's skid plate looks like it may bolt on from the instructions.

It looks like you're going to be one of the first 2021 GT owners state side so you will have to be the one telling us what to farkle and change 😁

May I ask what you paid out the door for your 2021 GT and where you got yours? I'm in talks with two dealers currently (one in Cleveland, one in Mount Vernon). It looks like Pony in Columbus is getting 1 soon.

• Thumbsup 1

22 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Buy a skid plate when it becomes available for the bike to protect the exposed oil sump; SRC's skid plate looks like it may bolt on from the instructions.

It looks like you're going to be one of the first 2021 GT owners state side so you will have to be the one telling us what to farkle and change 😁

May I ask what you paid out the door for your 2021 GT and where you got yours? I'm in talks with two dealers currently (one in Cleveland, one in Mount Vernon). It looks like Pony in Columbus is getting 1 soon.

No break on the list price or the setup and taxes. So the only way I come ahead is to get a better trade in. These were supposed to have been delivered to dealers by early to mid May, but they were all sitting on the west coast. The loads were too light to attract many haulers even if you got 36 in a trailer. One red one came to town 2 weeks ago. I have been in contact with the only 2 dealers close to Cincinnati and the only one to appear so far is the red one I mentioned. That dealer wanted to know if I wanted to order a '22 and wait since he doubted he would have anything to trade another dealer as even his used stock is so low. I put a deposit down on 5/4 and my bike arrived yesterday. It's 40 miles up the road but will give me a chance to figure some of the options out on the way home.

• Like 1

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.  As mentioned before, spend some time with the bike and you will figure out what you want to modify or change.  Hopefully very little.

There are some great twisting roads just south of you in northern Kentucky.  I usually run into riders from Cincinnati in the area.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.