Could you check your front suspension for me?

jetpilot5

Cleaning the bike the other day and discovered that what appears to be the steering stop is making contact with another part of the suspension structure. Easy to see in this picture. Bike is at the dealer. They called me today after contacting Yamaha and sending them pictures. Yamaha told them this is common and that the Nikens they had also showed this contact.

I have my doubts. It's not just the paint worn off. There's literally a gouge in the top bracket and you can feel a burr on the top of the pin from the force of the contact. The left side also shows contact but not as bad. The dealer can duplicate the contact by turning to full lock and tilting the bike.

They said Yamaha was going to do a little more research and get back to them. Dealer agrees that something isn't right. They haven't disassembled the bike yet.

If you have a minute could you take a look at your bike and let me know if it looks like this?

Thanks!

Scar.JPG

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, jetpilot5 said:

If someone wants to throw that picture up on the Facebook group you’ve got my blessing. I’m not on Facebook so can’t post but I know it’s a larger group than we have here. 

Posted - will see what results. Yamaha NIKEN Owners Club | Groups | FacebookYamaha NIKEN | Groups | Facebook

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

from Baz Brown in Facebook forum:

"Rubbish! ask them if they have tested the Rod Tie mine was twisted to a point that it stretched the bearing supports, I sent for a new one from Yamaha Europe and when it came that was also twisted, so I ended up making my own, far more stronger and perfectly in line."

niken_rubbing2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."