2021 Tracer- Daytime Visibility

Where is the easiest point for auxiliary light mounting on the previous gen Tracer?  I have a 2020, and I think it would be good to add something.  Anyone have a good setup?  I don't even care if I have to stop and go around front and flick a switch to do it if need be.  

• Premium Member

20210330_174744.thumb.jpg.0defacab55672a66b26f7351e8aec35c.jpgSay what you want about HLM but like loud pipes, which are illegal where HLM are not, they attract attention, which it their only function!!!

+ 1 on a 3 light triangle which the OEM pumpkins provide with super bright LED "bulbs" but I also have 6 diode driving lights on the Givi case guards. 

And I wear Hiviz and have since 1983 starting with the original "Super SeeMe" vest. BTW, I infrequently wear Kevlar lined HD jeans that have hip armor and I have slip on & velcro knee shin armor underneath.  They feel like pajama bottoms compared to my other riding pants!  But are not that cool in hot weather. 

20210702_133125.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

So those are the stock auxiliary lights?  They are listed as fog lights here in Canada eh.  🇨🇦  The website shows the lights and a mounting bracket, but no separate wiring harness.  

That's probably the nicest hi viz jacket I've seen.  It takes some creativity to make the stuff look good.  

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

So those are the stock auxiliary lights?  They are listed as fog lights here in Canada eh.  🇨🇦  The website shows the lights and a mounting bracket, but no separate wiring harness.  

That's probably the nicest hi viz jacket I've seen.  It takes some creativity to make the stuff look good.  

They are not OEM and came with a harness which I modified but very bright and reliable, same goes for the rubber mounted clamps.

Inexpensive RevIt! model, water-resistant, limited venting, decent armor, medium duty, light and comfortable.  Hit-Air inflatable safety vest over it matches very well, my tummy and stupid smile do not.

1 hour ago, rlambke19 said:

Would these work on the 2021 GT? Does the bike have a CAN bus?

I like the less obvious look of them.

https://denalielectronics.com/products/dnl-drl-10000-w 

I also received feedback from a riding buddy that he had a hard time seeing me while out yesterday. Great.

I like those. I wonder how hard the installation would be with the wiring and any canbus issuers?

• Thumbsup 1

You can get OEM fog lights, but the lights themselves are $500 CAD plus you need to add huge mounts (which double as engine guards I think) as well for another $200 CAD. 

I wonder is there are any other options from the perspective of installing brighter LEDs in the existing light fixtures. I'm sorry - but it's 2021 - come on Yamaha seriously? Being seen should be a massive (if not number one) priority when it comes to motorcycle safety.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Too low and expensive, no need for CANBUS.  Ebay and amazon is tour friend...

These may be a lot bigger than you want but really are what you need...

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-ZH010-Driving-Harness-Warranty/dp/B06XRPZF6Y/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=nilight+driving+lights&qid=1625509835&sr=8-20

• Thumbsup 1

6 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Too low and expensive, no need for CANBUS.  Ebay and amazon is tour friend...

These may be a lot bigger than you want but really are what you need...

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-ZH010-Driving-Harness-Warranty/dp/B06XRPZF6Y/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=nilight+driving+lights&qid=1625509835&sr=8-20

Thanks.

Not sure how to mount those - I'm not much of a fabricator.

Denali also makes these offset ones - not sure how they'd work with the new fairings.

https://denalielectronics.com/products/dnl-drl-10100-w

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Thanks.

Not sure how to mount those - I'm not much of a fabricator.

Denali also makes these offset ones - not sure how they'd work with the new fairings.

https://denalielectronics.com/products/dnl-drl-10100-w

If you don't have case guards It gets a little trickier but if you look on the Web there are mounting brackets for all applications

So many bikes are made with knockouts these days.  If you buy a standard Africa Twin, it has a knockout panel underneath where the adaptive cornering lights go if you had bought the Africa Twin Adventure Sports.  The manufacturers use this type of thinking to make their own production cheaper, but I think they could take it a step further and apply it to the end user.  In the case of the Tracer, they could have already made the mounts, and set the purchase of the lights as a plug and play option.  It must be harder to engineer parts this way than one thinks.  

• Premium Member

It's a no brainer I've been putting lights on everything for decades, there's always a way

Take a look at the twin 50 W halogens on my 98 VTR 1000 F

Better known here as the superhawk and in Europe the firestorm

I have aluminum tubes bolted to the fake air intake ducts so they stick out the fake air intake nostrils

So anything's possible on almost any bike

20210403_185652.jpg

20210403_185627.jpg

20210403_185543.jpg

• Thumbsup 2