I need a new windscreen on my 2021 Tracer 9 GT

Just got my new GT and the windscreen SUCKS.The buufeting and noise is really bad. I'm glad i wear earplugs !!   Any suggestions for a replacement screen ??  Thanks !!

I'm sure you'll get many suggestions but you might want to try starting with one of these. Only $27. Hardware is a bit hard to figure out.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HCX4J96/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

A friend put one on his Tracer GT and I rode it and noticed a major decrease in buffeting so I bought one for my Tracer too. Very adjustable for height and angle. You can even tilt it to scoop air into your chest on a hot day. Definitely worth it to me.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

I got one of the Clip-On Motorcycle Windshield Extensions and it made a huge difference. Not perfect but excellent for the money.

Use the search function--this is probably the most discussed topic for parts upgrades for these bikes; biggest gripe people have with the bike.

In short, it depends on what exactly you're looking for.

Based on my research, I think the best option for most effectively decreasing buffeting is the Madstad screen:

Tracer_02_1200x1200.jpg?v=1620744675

MadStad Adjustable Windshield System Yamaha Tracer 900

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, bikelee said:

Just got my new GT and the windscreen SUCKS.The buufeting and noise is really bad.

Yours is the new T9 GT, right?   

At least some Yamaha traditions have carried over from the old bikes…. 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Haha 3

Here's a picture of my Madstad windshield. Highly recommend it for touring. And it very easy to remove it for the hot summer days too. Only takes 4 screw and its completely removed. Plus its has adjustable height too. 

2014572635_IMG_2181(1).thumb.jpg.464040f2c2fbeea797283e4b161bc4bc.jpg

If I had to change something about it,  I would change all the screws to stainless steel screws. The ones that came with the windshield already have rust on them and its only been one year. 

• Thumbsup 1

I had a Tiger that had a screen that was the equivalent of the Tracer seat. Madstad absolutely fixed it.

I don't find the Tracer screen too bad but I did fit a cheap ex China extension thing that did make a bit of a difference.

However, I fiddled for a year with the Tracer seat before I bought a Bagster ---- if you find the Screen really bad , buy a Madstad NOW !!

Life is too short to procrastinate !

• Thumbsup 3

The Puig clip on wind deflector worked to eliminate the buffeting on my stock screen but not the noise.  I ended up with a madstad AND the wind deflector and it's pure bliss!  Not the prettiest thing but 75-80 MPH with your face shield up and no buffeting is amazing, lol.

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Yours is the new T9 GT, right?   

At least some Yamaha traditions have carried over from the old bikes…. 

Kind of sad that Yamaha could not get it right, sure thought on a complete redesigns they would fixed it.  

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

I have the new 2021 GT since Saturday and found the windscreen to be so much better than the one on my 2012 FZ1, now that screen sucked.  After trying many other screens I settled on the Zero Gravity touring screen as the best compromise.  That being said I found the screen on the T9GT so much better, quieter, and almost no buffeting.  I'm 5"9" and 168 pounds.

Had a MadStad on my BMW and wasn't fond of it.  It did an excellent job of blocking the wind so much so that I couldn't get much helmet ventilation on hot days.  On my Tracer GT went with a MRA touring but without the top piece.  I wound up buying the Amazon part listed above and it has been very good.  Eliminated most all of the buffeting, particularly in the shoulder area.  Just returned from a 14 day 5,000 mile ride.  Saw temps ranging from 42F and rain to 105 and sunny!  It did a great job in all situations.   Rode thru one very intense thunderstorm.  Yes I got hit by rain but the windscreen and bodywork including hand guards did a descent job of keeping the worst off.  All in all very happy with windscreen and have no desire to change anything.

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:33 PM, bikelee said:

Just got my new GT and the windscreen SUCKS.The buufeting and noise is really bad. I'm glad i wear earplugs !!   Any suggestions for a replacement screen ??  Thanks !!

I had the same problem with the stock windscreen on my 2019 Tracer 900 GT. Replaced it with a genuine Yamaha OEM touring windscreen (picture attached). Big difference, still some slight buffeting but no where near the original. I'm 170 cms (5ft. 7 1/2) tall. Works well for me but height may have a bearing on what works for you. I have it at the highest setting.

Tracer 900 GT Touring Screen - Reduced.jpg