I need a new windscreen on my 2021 Tracer 9 GT

I find that the screen is doing too good of a job as to what I am used to.  In the lowest position I get very little ventilation in my helmet chin vent, the top vent works fine.  I am 5'9" and the seat is in the low position.

With my previous bike, FZ1 Gen2, and a Zero Gravity touring screen I could barely hear music at 70mph +, with the new bike I had to turn down the music due lack of wind noise at 80mph.  Remember these are not Gold Wings or HD highway monsters.

I replaced my 2007 FJR1300 with the 2019 Tracer GT, so I was kinda spoiled having a quiet ride. I went with the VStream  touring medium height and it’s great for me at 5’10”. I did add the cheap Puig clone deflector to the stock screen and it barely made any difference. But on the VStream,  and in the highest position, it’s a quiet mile eating cockpit, with still air and zero buffeting. The wind easily clears my helmet and most of my arms. I can still see over the plastic safely. With any larger screen, you do sacrifice some looks. Just depends on what you are trying to accomplish in the end. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, peteinpa said:

My only question is does the screen mount the same as previous years?         if not, you'll have to wait for the after market to catch up.

The 2021 T9GT touring windscreen looks identical but it is a different part number. You could maybe ask another forum member to measure the distance between the mounting points to determine if a 2020 & 2021 windscreens are compatible.

16 hours ago, peteinpa said:

My only question is does the screen mount the same as previous years?         if not, you'll have to wait for the after market to catch up.

Looks to be the same, I got the dealer to measure the mounting hole on the Tracer 9 GT and they were exactly the same as those on the 900 GT, means the touring or any other screen which fits the 900 should fit the 9. In saying that it will pay to physically check for yourself first as the brake fluid reservoir on the 9 is now a gravity fed unit which sits elevated, rather than the integrated unit on the 900 which may foul the screen, shouldn't do but will pay to check first. 

• Supporting Member
On 7/1/2021 at 12:54 AM, Suu Kyi said:

Looks to be the same, I got the dealer to measure the mounting hole on the Tracer 9 GT and they were exactly the same as those on the 900 GT, means the touring or any other screen which fits the 900 should fit the 9. In saying that it will pay to physically check for yourself first as the brake fluid reservoir on the 9 is now a gravity fed unit which sits elevated, rather than the integrated unit on the 900 which may foul the screen, shouldn't do but will pay to check first. 

Would anyone here be willing to measure their 2020 900 GT windscreen mounting points just to double-check before I go making a $200 purchase? 😋

For my 21 T9GT I got the following (eyeballed due to curve of windscreen):
Horizonal distance Between top bolts: 205mm

Vertical distance between top to bottom bolt: 125mm

Horizontal distance between bottom bolts: 145mm

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

Would anyone here be willing to measure their 2020 900 GT windscreen mounting points just to double-check before I go making a $200 purchase? 😋

Thanks in advance!

Just measured my 2019 (same as 2020) and came up with following;

Horizontal between top bolts 204mm

Vertical between top to bottom 122mm

Horizontal distance on bottom 148mm

I took a tape measure and went from center of JIS screw head cross to the other. Fairly accurate, although I am wrapping tape measure across curve of shield. This sounds like my measurements are close enough to yours to say they are the same when considering error factor.

• Thumbsup 1

On 7/2/2021 at 11:30 AM, jthayer09 said:

Thanks in advance!

It IS the same.  The Puig I installed in my last post was a part number for a 2020.

D58376FC-26EA-495D-AB20-095954302697.jpeg

Edited by TNHB
  • Thanks 2

I put on the Duili screen on my 2021 GT and i concur with this user.

I'm sure you'll get many suggestions but you might want to try starting with one of these. Only $27. Hardware is a bit hard to figure out.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HCX4J96/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

A friend put one on his Tracer GT and I rode it and noticed a major decrease in buffeting so I bought one for my Tracer too. Very adjustable for height and angle. You can even tilt it to scoop air into your chest on a hot day. Definitely worth it to me.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:04 PM, OldBikers said:

I have the new 2021 GT since Saturday and found the windscreen to be so much better than the one on my 2012 FZ1, now that screen sucked.  After trying many other screens I settled on the Zero Gravity touring screen as the best compromise.  That being said I found the screen on the T9GT so much better, quieter, and almost no buffeting.  I'm 5"9" and 168 pounds.

I just picked up my new Tracer 9 GT last Saturday.  While I still plan on replacing the screen it is no where as bad as the original that came on my 2015 FJ09.  That was just obnoxious with the noise it created.  I plan on contacting Parabellum for my new screen.  Theirs was a wonderful improvement on my FJ.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

On 6/30/2021 at 8:13 AM, peteinpa said:

It mounts the same as the previous GT models. I have my MRA Sport from my 2019 GT on the new bike and it fits and works fine - except that when the handle bars are at full turn, the new hand guards will hit the screen if it's in  the top most position. I have sent this info and pictures to MRA in Germany and they are working on a new version.

Rob 

MRA Sport3.jpg

MRA Sport2.jpg

MRA Sport1.jpg

Edited by rlambke19
Adding photos

On 6/30/2021 at 8:13 AM, peteinpa said:

It does. My MRA Sport though will hit the hand guards on the new GT when the bars are at full turn and the screen is raised up to the top height. 

I have been screwing around with windshields, fairings etc for 50 years. Vetter, Pacifico, Rifle, National Cycle, Slipstreamer, Puig and others I can't remember across the US, Canada,Western and Eastern Europe.  On my tracer I tried the stock with MRA deflector, V Stream sport touring, V stream with MRA, Puig and they all either beat me or my ears up (at this age I can't afford to do that).  Part of the problem I think is the factory mounting hardware.  Once buffeting starts it sets up a harmonic motion that's like the old motels with the vibrating bed (sorry you younger guys missed this exotic era).  So after screwing around since I had a trip coming up to east coast and outer banks, I broke down and bought a MadStad system.  NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING compares to this set up.  No ear plugs, no vibration, no buffeting and when I got stuck for a 100 miles or so of good rain I could watch the rain drops fly over my head.  I wear a Shark Evo One helmet which is noisy but I can and did ride with the chin bar pulled back (only one certified to do so).  Best 300 bucks I have ever spent on a motorcycle.

IMG_1415.jpg

• Thumbsup 1