I need a new windscreen on my 2021 Tracer 9 GT

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, Grumpy Goat said:

I agree with you almost completely ... I would not say "no noise". Smooth air and zero buffeting definitely, but if there is wind movement there is noise. 🙂

That said the wind noise is smooth and quite reduced.

Correct, I shouldn't have said NO noise but in comparison it is VERY minimal.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, betoney said:

Correct, I shouldn't have said NO noise but in comparison it is VERY minimal.

🙂

Can never forget the first naked bike I rode - a gorgeous Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ... I was blown away by how quiet it was from the wind perspective. The exhaust note was something else. Also, it was the first time I felt breeze in my butt. 🤪

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, Grumpy Goat said:

🙂

Can never forget the first naked bike I rode - a gorgeous Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ... I was blown away by how quiet it was from the wind perspective. The exhaust note was something else. Also, it was the first time I felt breeze in my butt. 🤪

My brothers 919 is very far from stock and has twin under tail baffle-less Yoshimura slip-ons.  With the minimal wind noise, the sound that thing makes when screaming through twisty mountain roads is glorious.

• Thumbsup 2

madstad.

it's kind of a cheap looking thing compared to the puig ( looks like it was cut out of flat plexi with a skilsaw ),

but between the different size screens available and the both pitch and height adjustability it works.

huge benefit for me was the ability to move my gps mount above the speedo getting it off my bars for better viewing

• Thumbsup 1

I gave up on the perfect screen after buying a few and now run the puig sport screen ( think that is what it's called) full time.  Tried the stock with a deflector and no good.  Also have a puig "barn door" size screen but have not used it but maybe a month before last winter hit.  Hate buffeting and now just deal with a basically naked bike type scenario and all that entails.  It's as close to ideal on this bike for me as my wallet allowed.  

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, RandyN said:

I'm sure you'll get many suggestions but you might want to try starting with one of these. Only $27. Hardware is a bit hard to figure out.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HCX4J96/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

A friend put one on his Tracer GT and I rode it and noticed a major decrease in buffeting so I bought one for my Tracer too. Very adjustable for height and angle. You can even tilt it to scoop air into your chest on a hot day. Definitely worth it to me.

Anybody have problems putting the mounts together on this Amazon cheapie?

Besides the cryptic instructions, the parts don't fit, the plastic bushings don't fit in the plastic mount bracket, like twice the size of the actual hole.

cheers,

Jen

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, motochick said:

Besides the cryptic instructions, the parts don't fit, the plastic bushings don't fit in the plastic mount bracket, like twice the size of the actual hole.

cheers,

Jen

I have used those type of deflectors on a few different bikes, the assembly directions are garbage at best. 

What I did when assembling them was basically discard the instructions and look at photos of the assembled product, I laid all of the parts and fasteners out on a table a 'pre-fit' the pieces without the fasteners as they looked in photos.  I remember having to reverse a piece or two and then they assembled correctly.  Good luck

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, motochick said:

Send a link of the one you got and if we have the same one we can post a pic of it completed. There is also a video of assmbly in the amazon link above.

• Thumbsup 1

18 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

Send a link of the one you got and if we have the same one we can post a pic of it completed. There is also a video of assmbly in the amazon link above.

Thanks! This video was the actual instructions however the metal parts have paint in the threads so the grub screws won't even thread.

Going to send it back and try another one. Perhaps the finish is better

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, motochick said:

Going to send it back and try another one. Perhaps the finish is better

I bought the bolt-on version of the MRA X-Creen Tour. I had the clamp-on eBay cheapie for a bit, but found it too flimsy. The MRA screen was on sale for some £100 out of UK and came with the bolt-on and clamp-on hardware in the kit. Everything fits, feels and works well.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif