New 2021 GT Owner

• Supporting Member

Greetings from North Carolina. I had a deer run me off the road into a ditch on my 2018 FJR in April. The bike was totaled and I injured my knee. I loved that bike. It did everything I asked it to and put a smile on my face everytime I twisted that throttle. Once my knee healed up I started looking for a new one but no one had one on the floor. One salesman suggested I come in and check out the new Tracer GT they had just assembled. I had thought about going lighter but did not want to give up the engine performance and features of the big boy. He went over the features and said he thought I might be impressed with the performance so I took ride up there. I didn't realize how much of a difference 155lbs can make until I took it for a test ride. I am 62 years young with a 30" inseam so balancing and moving that top heavy FJR could be a challenge for me until she got rolling. The Tracer feels like a dirt bike by comparison. Once I got rolling I opened up the throttle bodies a little and that smile came back to me. I took it home 2 days later. I did the 600 mile service myself and put 400 more gentle miles on her for the engine break in. Since then I have logged a few hundred more not so gentle miles enjoying the growl of that CP3 every chance I get to crack the throttle. Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys so thanks in advance!

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 5

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2NDCHILDHOOD said:

Greetings from North Carolina. I had a deer run me off the road into a ditch on my 2018 FJR in April. The bike was totaled and I injured my knee.

Welcome to the club, several members here (myself included) own an FJ or Tracer due to previous bikes being totaled by a deer encounter. 

At first I really missed my FZ1, which I put my heart and soul into getting set up perfectly but now, after owning the FJ09, I wouldn't go back.  The CP3 is a phenomenal motor. 

Enjoy the ride.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

I agree the motor is fun. Didn't think I would be satisfied after that big bore 4 but, after getting used to living in the higher rev/torque range for speed, it is more than satisfying. I was stationed on a ship out of Bremerton back from '79 to '83. The Puget Sound is one of the most beautiful parts of the country. If I hadn't had family back east I would have stayed there. I envy you riding in that area.

• Like 1