2021 HD Sportster S Announced

jthayer09

• Supporting Member

2021 Sportster S | Harley-Davidson Canada

$17,999 USD MSRP for a bike that doesn't have passenger room or luggage capability, single disc brake, 11.8L fuel tank (3 Gal), and large tires. Also is reportedly down approx 30HP from the Pan-America.

I like Harleys for the most part, had an '84 FXR that was an absolute joy to ride. Done most of my overseas touring on a '06 Fat Boy when I visit family as that's the second bike in their garage.

But I think this needed to be around the $12K mark IMO; I'm not sure who this bike is for? It's up on price and down on features, the Indian Scout starts at $11,899 too. So $4K-5K for cruise control and a fancy screen?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, mellow said:

lol... all the dimensions are in liters, millimeters, kilograms and CCs ...

Not my cup of tea which is fine.  Would take 2 Tracers over that.

Well I did link the Canadian site as the US site didn't have the model up yet, US page uses imperial:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/sportster-s.html

• Supporting Member

The red looks really good with the copper heads IMHO.

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

I'm not sure who this bike is for?

Exactly the thought I had reading through this AutoBlog article about the Sportster S.   The soundbites from the H-D marketing folks make me feel like they're not really sure, either.  

That said, the finish looks pretty impressive.   The one thing this DEFINITELY does is further irritate me that H-D built it instead of the Bronx...  

210117_my21_rh1250s_beauty_0719_hdi_jk.j

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

IT'S BAD ASS!! It doesn't need twin calipers in the front (don't you know you will flip over if you use them} Besides that bag on the back holds a parachute to slow you down. When the that huge rear rotor powered by a two piston caliper can't lock up the tire, so you can skid and lay it down like a real biker. Also the T-Shirt company already has over 30 bolt on custom part's with skulls on them so you make it your own!!😁

'

• Haha 4

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

worthless on a cruiser

...at 1250 cc's, you're not kidding.  One blip at the red light and you'll be pushing it to the gas station.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

I'm not sure who this bike is for

My g/f:  ..."so they made an around town scooter that will never see the highway ?"

Swing batter, Swing batter, Swing batter...MISS! What a joke. The more things change at HD, the more they stay the same. Don't care one bit what it looks like. Why would someone drop that many coins on a bike that is so much less than what other companies offer? Once again, HD counts on Americans being more interested in the flag than in the quality and value. Holy crap, you can buy a new Busa for that much money! 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

It’s hard to believe that the Sportster was a true hi performance bike, when it was first introduced sixty plus years ago. When H-D finally killed off the air cooled push rod engine. they had a chance to bring back the Sportster name to it’s former glory, but instead they built this abortion. 

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.