Niken in the snow

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

First time seeing a Niken actually driving in snow and with snow chains no less...

• Thumbsup 2

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

Cool. People do this on two wheels without chains too. A Nikken would be far easier. I can just hear the engineers screeching of putting their beautiful machine to that use. Think of the scenes we've seen from WW2 of the Army Harley's running around in the snow with and without a side car. 

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, 1BadNikenGT said:

Must have been a really cool guy to show you that snow vid! Hahaha small digital world...Hi from facebook!

I'm always amazed that even though I do regular keyword searches for yamaha niken other owners always see other videos I've never seen.  👍

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

On 7/20/2021 at 12:11 AM, Salish900 said:

Cool. People do this on two wheels without chains too. A Nikken would be far easier. I can just hear the engineers screeching of putting their beautiful machine to that use. Think of the scenes we've seen from WW2 of the Army Harley's running around in the snow with and without a side car. 

For sure.  My Tracer spends a lot of time riding in the snow.  Pretty capable bike for it, too.  Get some appropriate tires, and ride like you would in loose dirt, and it's all good.

The Niken is probably pretty good for it, too; the second front contact patch and all.  Downside is that it'd be REALLY hard to get good winters for the front tires, if not impossible.  

• Thumbsup 1