Coolant drain bolt washer spec

nanikore

Hello all,

Quick question. Does anyone have the spec/size for the sealing washer which goes on the coolant drain bolt? I could've sworn I wrote it down last time but apparently not, and I can't see it in my Haynes manual either 😅.

Thanks in advance. (Going with Wako's Heat Block Plus here since we're already up to 33C/91.5F and humudity)

• Supporting Member

Not exactly the answer you asked for but this I believe is your part number and you can probably do the appropriate searches to find the info you seek.  Good luck 🙂

GASKET

Part #: 90430-06014

EDIT: - Copper sealing washer 90430-06014 6x10x1 Engine kit washer
  • Thumbsup 1

Thanks both for the replies. Going to see how much new ones cost, but that refurb tip isn't bad, and I have a few bits of suitable sandpaper about the place.

• Thumbsup 1

Unless the copper washer is physically damaged, it can be reused.  After a few uses, I anneal my copper washers.  I heat them with a propane torch to bright red/orange and drop in water.  They are now soft again.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, carey said:

Unless the copper washer is physically damaged, it can be reused.  After a few uses, I anneal my copper washers.  I heat them with a propane torch to bright red/orange and drop in water.  They are now soft again.

Yep but after a few uses they're cheap  l order them and other safety items that wear like caliper pins and pin clips, gaskets and rubber rear caliper bolt bellows, air filters and such when I have to order for a more expensive Yamaha parts so I have the little stuff in stock 

Hopefully they'll make the FJ FZ XSR MT 09 for enough years that they have to provide specific parts for 6 years after they go out of production

I've had this problem with bikes I've had more than 6 years

very quickly body parts become unobtainable particularly in a specific color

then It's electrical stuff

Finally if you find new out of stock stuff that you really need

buy it I because you'll  Be sorry otherwise if you keep the bike over 20 years

I'm not sure I liked my FJ that much but for example, my 76 RD400 and 98 VTR 1000 F are classics

After I take my final ride..

my wife's getting me dressed in my ATGATT and Casting me on the fastest red VTR In a block of acrylic

She says she'll have me far enough from the fireplace in the living room and her new suitors can't miss me...