Out of interest what sort of MPG are you achieving?

I know there’s a lot of things to factor but all comments all welcome. 

Im riding a new 2018 900 Tracer with a remapped ECU and black widow exhaust  but MPG was consistent before. 
All sorts of riding conditions inc London City commuting. 
Always premium Shell Optimax 98 rom fuel  

average 59.5 mpg 

cheers Gonz. 

Edited by Great Gonzo

My 2017 averages between 60-65mpg depending on how hard I ride.  I'm using B mode as I like the softer power delivery and I find STD mode too twitchy for most riding.  I also noticed that the on-dash MPG figure is a little high.  When it shows 68mpg, which is nearly all the time, it's actually about 65.  I guess this is because the speedo is about 10% out.  At an indicated 70, my sat nav tells me I'm doing 63-64mph.

Yeah, some of the reviews I read for the Tracer were talking about 40-something MPG!  No idea how they got it that low.

I'm really happy with B mode so not interested in a re-map.  I've used STD a few times on fast flowing, open roads but I like the laid back power delivery of the B mode for most riding.  I would like to get the frickin speedo fixed though.  Constantly having to calculate what speed you're actually doing is a right pain.  I'd prefer if it was very accurate.

When I first got my '16 FJ, it started off at 43MPG average. The more I rode it (barely 1k miles so far) that fuel economy average is up to 49MPG. I wouldn't be surprised to see 50 or north of that, but it's not a concern really; just a perk.

BTW, 59 imperial MPG is about 49 US MPG, so it appears you're right on the money.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Great Gonzo said:

Imperial??

uk still miles not kilometres. 

gonz. 

He was referring to an imperial gallon which is about 25% more volume than a U.S. gallon. 

• Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I think I'm around 40ish - '15.  I ride the hell out of it, never leave A mode..

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

image.thumb.png.93b67085f777629eaa9fc4f0d728728e.pngWe have just exchanged our mileage in another thread but happy to post again because I'm still intrigued by the immensely different reports.

40 US MPG is the real average on my 2019 GT

• based on months of fuel-ups with premium RON 98 fuel.
  • practically no highway miles.
  • mostly in standard mode.
  • sporty riding style but I'm certainly not the fastest guy on the road.
  • ECU flash which I've had done recently makes no difference.
  • Riding on E10 (10% ethanol) changes absolutely nothing in my case. Mileage is exactly the same.
  • Riding with or without my panniers and topbox seems to make little difference. I ride 90% without.

But... I've just switched screens and got 46 MPG for the first time ever in 8000 km while riding hard in A mode!

It's no surprise that wind drag is a factor but it seems to be a big one. To test this theory I propose that everyone also lists their height and screen type.

I'm 6' and have the saddle on low.

40 MPG is with a Puig Touring + MRA X-creen spoiler.
46 MPG (just one sample though) is with my new MRA Touring screen.

Edited by petshark
  • Thumbsup 2

47 US MPG for me, reset it every tank. ECU flash, small windshield, STD mode, all kinds of riding here in PA. Curves, ridges, highways. I ride it like I stole it then chill, and ride it like a big scooter.

89 to 91 US octane, 10% ethanol. Station with ethanol free is out of the way, especially if I'm going the other way.