2015 MT-09 Tracer Cam chain tensioner part number

kirgudu

Hello! 

Millage - 18000 km

2015 Tracer 900 From Japan

I have Tuk-Tuk sound from my chain, and i want to change cam chain tensioner, but I cant found part number. All parts catalogs show 1RC-12210-03 or 1RC-12210-04. All of then is "Not available" not for order. 

What part number I can use? From 2017 or 2018 Tracer?  B90-12210-00-00?

Or may be mechanical tensioner?

2021-08-03_18-49-50.jpg

• Supporting Member

There may be a recall available for your Tracer.

I was told my FJ had the 4th iteration of the recalled tensioner.  It still occasionally rattles, but it goes away after 10 - 15 minutes.  Come to think of it, it hasn't rattled in many months.  It sure did last year a few times - but went away.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

You shouldn't of said anything about it rattling... LOL

I had the 2nd gen done under a TSB not a recall and it failed as well.  MCCT is pretty much set and forget without concern

Easy job when done in conjunction with a valve lash check/adjust.

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member

Fair enough, lol.  I've heard the manual adjuster seems to solve it for good.  Mine isn't bad enough to want to change it yet (so far so good, anyway).

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

5 hours ago, knyte said:

There may be a recall available for your Tracer.

I was told my FJ had the 4th iteration of the recalled tensioner.  It still occasionally rattles, but it goes away after 10 - 15 minutes.  Come to think of it, it hasn't rattled in many months.  It sure did last year a few times - but went away.

I have no recall, Tracer from JDM and Japan recall company doesn't work in Russia. Hello to Yamaha RUS. :( 

No sound after oil change, but after 3000-4000 km rattles again.

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Get a manual CCT

Many available and cheaper without worry of failure 

APE Graves, etc

Thanks! What manual CCT you recomend?

3 hours ago, kirgudu said:

I have no recall, Tracer from JDM and Japan recall company doesn't work in Russia. Hello to Yamaha RUS. :( 

Hi there fellow Russian.... Well actually Ukrainian that speaks Russian. Mine started making noises too around 30,000 miles. I replaced it with another OEM tensioner from Revzilla during my valve clearance adjustment. So far the noise is gone but I should of replaced it with a manual tensioner. During the winters months I'll replaced it with a manual tensioner.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, kirgudu said:

The one Dazzler provided a link to is cheaper than the APE I have. They're a simple device so any quality item will do.  It's the install you just need to be careful doing...

There’s 2 different part numbers because Yamaha made a running change to the cylinder head oil passages (at least in the us and Canada). 

you’ll need to order either item 6 or 15, plus a gasket. 

Are all your valve cover bolts the same? Or is the RH rear bolt different? your bikes definitely a 2015 with the original engine?

-Skip

Edited by skipperT