Nashville area

fddriver2

• Premium Member

Came up to Nashville for the Grand Prix. And to visit my son and pick up my new to me VFR1200F and bring it home.

Screenshot_20210805-195008_Maps.jpg

20210805_155907.jpg

20210805_155828.jpg

20210805_155852.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
On 8/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, koth442 said:

Very cool! Did you fly up to Nashville and intend to ride the VFR home?

No. It was part of a larger road trip. So I brought my trailer. Then the differential on my truck had a catastrophic failure. So. Being under warranty I took it to a dealer. A day later they called and told me. Yes we would be happy to replace it. However, the parts are backordered and we have no idea when they will be available. 😱

I contemplated riding the VFR. But I had Items with me that I wasn't comfortable leaving behind for an extended time and could not be transported on the bike.

So I rented a car and drove home without my truck, my trailer or my VFR.. 😭

• Sad 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Then the differential on my truck had a catastrophic failure. So. Being under warranty I took it to a dealer. A day later they called and told me. Yes we would be happy to replace it. However, the parts are backordered and we have no idea when they will be available. 😱

So I rented a car and drove home without my truck, my trailer or my VFR.. 😭

Since it was warranty work for a catastrophic failure, did they not offer you a loaner truck?  🤷‍♀️

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

There is so much broken stuff waiting for parts they had nothing left to loan.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 4

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

There is so much broken stuff waiting for parts they had nothing left to loan.

Unfortunately I’ve been hearing more and more stories like this…  I hope things get resolved for you without too much additional drama, and you can start riding that awesome new-to-you VFR.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
48 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Unfortunately I’ve been hearing more and more stories like this

Just recently I had the AC in my Ranger fixed.  If it weren't for my g/f working at a Ford store, I'd have waited for months for parts.  Even so, she had many questions about her order and can they buy the parts from her?  (no way!)

Whew

Those VFR's are amazing!!  VERY sweet ride you have there.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I had a 2012 VFR1200F that I traded in for my Tracer. I missed it as soon as I left the dealership. That thing is fast and powerful! Loved playing on it, but it was heavy and not real comfortable for longer trips. Still a blast to ride though. I told myself I needed something more comfortable and less power or I was going to end up dead or in jail. I still miss it though. Hope you enjoy yours!!

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Fly ‘n Ride?   Sounds like the perfect long weekend to me… 

Earlier or later in the year? Yes it does. The heat index in the southeast right now says otherwise. August and September in the southeast are the hottest. And my truck and trailer are still in Murfreesboro TN. 

Well that's no fun!  Hope you had fun while there. 

Being under warranty sounds almost like a bad thing.  Last August my BMW broke down in Nebraska with a rear wheel bearing failure.  I spent 6 days there and bought a used swingarm from LasVegas and swapped it out at the campground.  Then I rode it to Sioux Falls and traded for my Tracer GT.  On top of what it cost me to cancel all my reservations for the next 14 days plus rent a car for 5 days plus buy a swingarm plus buy tools plus stay in the KOA it was an expensive fix!  Think I was better off than if I'd had it taken to the BMW dealer in Lincoln or Omaha and waited for parts to arrive etc.  I took my wife's advice and decided to call it an adventure.  Good memories and got a bike I love.

• Sad 1