Soupy's lowering links.

Mr.Jeem

Recently installed Soupy's lowering links. I also lowered the front end about 3/4" and switched out the comfort seat for the stock seat. The bike is much more comfortable now. However, it is now very hard to get up on the center stand. The side stand still works and I didn't need to install the Soupy's side stand. Has anyone cut the center stand down to work with lowering links? How much did you cut out? Thanks.

Just a word of warning: if you cut the centerstand legs, you need to reinforce (via either an internal rod or an external sleeve) when you reassemble as the welded joint will NOT be as strong as the original virgin tubing. Yes this adds a bit of weight, but it's better than having your stand fail and your bike winding up on its side.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

I had someone reduce the height of my center stand by 1 inch. As the center stand is hollow he put bars bars inside to reinforce and then welded it back together. I had it powdercoated  and it works great with my T-Rex lowering link.

Initially I purchased an adjustable center stand which are available from many companies on-line but found it a little unstable and was afraid it might fail.

18 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I had someone reduce the height of my center stand by 1 inch. As the center stand is hollow he put bars bars inside to reinforce and then welded it back together. I had it powdercoated  and it works great with my T-Rex lowering link.

Initially I purchased an adjustable center stand which are available from many companies on-line but found it a little unstable and was afraid it might fail.

Thanks for the reply. I was guessing to cut out about 3/4"-1" off the bottom. It does make sense to reinforce it.

• Like 1