Help! Lost keys for top case

Hello everyone. I lost both keys for my Tracer top case (Givi Trekker Outback). The top case is on my bike. Is there any way of getting it out of the rack, without the key? As for ordering a replacement key, what can I do? Thank you! 

As far as I know, there is no way of removing the case from the rack without the key, otherwise they would be easy to steal. Any competent locksmith will be able to open the case for you, so you can then take them off. Once you’re in, just order a new keyset from Givi or take the advice from the locksmith about getting a replacement.

And make sure you store a spare somewhere safe at home in the future 😆

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

So, depending on the keys, a locksmith may or may not help. If you have the flat bladed security keys, they might tell you there’s nothing you can do. That’s what they told me on my Givi V47 top case 🙂

The good news is that a decent drill bit can be used to destroy the lock core wafers, and then you can open it with a flat blade screw driver. And the replacement lock cores are very easy to install. I got mine from Revzilla. 

• Thumbsup 2

Drilling (carefully!) and ordering up a new core is probably the best way forward, since a new core will come with two keys.

These can be picked, but they're not very easy. And then you still don't have any keys.

Before drilling, look into a new key set. I think all you need to order keys from Givi is the key code located on the lock tumbler. your local dealer may or may not know what to do, so maybe contact Givi directly?
If you strike out then a locksmith can probably do something with that key code. 

it’s usually printed right where you insert the key into the lock. 

-Skip

• 1 month later...