Review Of Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2

johnmark101

Yeah, I know.......another tire thread.  😜

But I feel compelled to share my experience running this tire on the street on my 2019 GT.  These are street / track day tires and are probably overkill for the Tracer, but I wanted to try at least one set just for fun.  The front is dual compound and the rear is a triple compound tire with the last inch or so at the edge being carbon black for maximum grip.

We are blessed with some great twisties here in Kentucky and probably 80 percent of the riding on this tire has been very spirited, and in fact often bordering insane as nothing I have ever put on a motorcycle has inspired so much confidence and high speed cornering hooliganism.  The front tire feels like the DOT race tires I used for track days and inspires a lot of corner entry confidence with huge amounts of feel and feedback.  Drive grip off the corner is fantastic and allows plenty of throttle application for the drive off the apex.  I have tried a lot of different tires.  This once clearly is my favorite for feel, feedback and grip in dry conditions.  Again, they probably don't make sense on a bike like the Tracer as most any good sport touring tire would be a better match, but if you want to splurge for a set of tires to just have loads of fun in the twisties I highly recommend these!!!  For a few dollars less, the Q3 Plus comes a close second in my humble opinion, but these take the fun factor up a notch.  The rear tire has worn pretty evenly across the tread.  The front looks like it is wearing a bit faster near the sides from hard corner entry.  

The downside is obviously wear.  At 1500 miles I am at the wear bars on the rear but will probably get a couple hundred miles more before calling it done.  The front tire looks like it will last through one more rear tire.  Once caveat is that I am generally hard on tires, although the roads in this area could be the main contributing factor.  One other issue is cost as these are slightly more expensive than most of the competition.  However I have managed to source them for a reasonable price, mounted and balanced, provided I remove and install the wheels myself.  

I will probably run one more set just because they are so good, before switching back to a good sport touring tire.  If you want to have fun and just go crazy in the twisties, this tire is amazingly good!!!  

Note;  That is not a chicken strip in the photo but rather the carbon black compound at the edge of the tire.  😁

20210826_065306.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.