'19 GT - Loose rear wheel ABS sensor created CEL?

• Premium Member

Edit - I just realized I put this in the issues and solutions category. I've put it in tech questions.

I just left earlier this morning for a 3 day trip and about 20 miles from the house, the ABS light and CEL came on.  The cruise control light began blinking and the quickshifter "QS" on the dash isn't on.  I got off the bike and noticed the rear wheel ABS sensor wasn't screwed in tight.  I had just changed the rear tire a few days ago and today was the first ride since, so I went straight to the rear wheel and saw I hadn't tightened the screw enough apparently.

Once I got that tightened on the side of the road, the ABS light went off when I got to 6 mph as usual and the cruise works again.  But the CEL is still on and I'm locked out of the menu.  I came back home even though I'm 99% sure I've fixed the issue other than the CEL still being on.  Is there anything I can do other than order a diagnostic tool to clear whatever code is keeping the CEL on, short of going to the dealer Tuesday when they open?

Sucks because now I'm wary of taking off for 3 days being hundreds of miles from home with the CEL on.

Edited by 3sum