Dual sports, Tracer mods, Tenere costs...

Wintersdark

• Supporting Member

Yes!  Review and photos :)

Congrats!!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

I pick up my new Tenere 700 tomorrow, expanding the stable to two.

Had you previously researched or taken the T7 for a test ride, or is this purely a spur of the moment impulse buy?  I have watched a few YouTube reviews but don't know anyone who actually owns one, it seems like a great bike.  Give us a full review after you get some miles on it.  👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Congrats! Having two bikes in the garage is great. When you have one bike torn apart for maintenance, you can still go out and ride while you wait for parts, step away in frustration, etc.

I really like the CP2 engine. I test rode an XSR700 a couple of years ago, and I liked the character of the engine. The T7 is a great choice.

22 hours ago, betoney said:

Had you previously researched or taken the T7 for a test ride, or is this purely a spur of the moment impulse buy?  I have watched a few YouTube reviews but don't know anyone who actually owns one, it seems like a great bike.  Give us a full review after you get some miles on it.  👍

I've researched it extensively, but they're super rare here and test rides aren't a thing anymore for more in demand bikes like this.  It's generally viewed as the second best midweight adv bike (with offroad bias) second only to the KTM 890 - which while less reliable is lighter, more powerful, has better electronics... And a much larger price tag.  Particularly here, the KTM would have cost me some $5000 more.  

First ride was bringing it home today! It's an incredible ride, and *wildly* unlike the tracer and indeed the MT07.  Same powerplant, but the gearing is much different.  Without a double the smoothest, most linear powerband I've every experienced.  I'll post a "first ride" review.

Sadly, due to a hiccup with my insurance, I can't get the bike registered (and thus its own plates) so I won't be able to really get out riding till Wednesday/Thursday - where I'm going on a big adventure type ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1