Gear Position Indicator showing blank in 1st

Suu Kyi

The gear position indicator on my 2019 Tracer 900GT has started to display a blank in 1st gear, even though the gear is firmly engaged. Happens only when the engine is warm/hot and going from neutral to 1st. When this happens, if I select second and then go back to first it works ok. I've removed the sensor unit from behind the front sprocket and cleaned it thoroughly with 0000 grade (fine) steel wool followed by contact cleaner. Once again it all displays ok stationary when clicking through the gears with the engine off, but problem returns when at operating temperature. Can do anything else or are we looking at a new sensor? Thanks, Michael.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted about the same thing about 2 weeks ago. But my issue is in second gear

Some are able to fix it by cleaning the sensor. Didn't work for me. Considering how new the bikes are it's more likely the sensor needs to be replaced. I just decided to ignore it, I know when I'm in second gear lol

Had the sensor replaced under warranty today, all good. Second warranty replacement, the first was the front brake switch which caused the cruise control to malfunction, now this. Staying positive......