Where Do the Two Caps Go

2and3cylinders

• Premium Member

that come with the AIR system block-off plates (see diag 2C & pg 2 pic 6) I bought on eBay that are NOT from Graves (whose instructions I've referred to above & below)? 

I presume the larger cap goes over the outlet spigot the protrudes down from the left side of the air box where hose 2 to the AIR system slips over (see diag 1C & pg 2 pic 7).

Graves only shows the one big cap but the set I received has a smaller cap, so where, if anywhere, does the other smaller cap go?  I'd think you'd NOT want to cap off the crankcase breather outlet from the valve cover (spigot 26 in Yami parts diag 2C) that connects via hose 25 to the inlet spigot at the bottom of the airbox (see diag 3C & p1 pic 4)?

Thanks

FJ-09 AIR DIAG 1C.jpg

FJ-09 AIR DIAG 2C.jpg

FJ-09 AIR DIAG 3C.jpg

Graves AIR BOP Instl AB015 Pg2 Pic 7.jpg

Graves AIR BOP Instl AB015 Pg2 Pic 6.jpg

Graves AIR BOP Instl AB015 Pg1 Pic 4.jpg

• Supporting Member

Is the "kit" you bought on eBay something generic, or specific to the FJ. My kit from Vcyclenut only had one cap... for the port on the LH side of airbox.

Maybe a cap for the connector?... is it round?

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

Thanks everyone, you confirmed what I thought.

After my ECU flash by Vcyclenut, the first time I adjusted the valve lash (all were very tight) I took the opportunity to flip the AIR reed valve reed stoppers, sealing the reeds shut with RTV HT silicone but leaving the system visually intact.  The second lash check (all were exactly as I last set), I removed the AIR system valve and hoses, taped up plug and secured it to the side, and capped the reed valve cover spigots.  This coming winter's valve check, spark plug & air filter swap, TBC sync check, etc. I'm installing these block off plates to finally eliminate all vestages of OEM.

The 3rd time's the chsrm.

Happy trails!

• Thumbsup 1