Boots in 2021?

keithu

• Premium Member

Figured out almost 20 years ago that A* fit me and never tried anything else. I have something similar to your last link but mine are a few years old. They're a little vented but just barely. I can easily wear them all day in the office, and I have plenty hiking experience in A* street boots walking into scenic areas maybe a mile at a time with no trouble. 

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

As I have wide footsies, I tend toward TCX and A* real Gortex lined boots.  I have a pair of the older versions of the TCX X-5 and A* Super Touring. They're both very good for decent hikes.  See below for newest versions...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-five4-gore-tex-boots

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-airtech-evo-gore-tex-boots?rrec=true&sku_id=1063598

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-web-gore-tex-boots?rrec=true

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-air-plus-v2-xcr-gore-tex-boots?rrec=true&sku_id=1242033

I also have worn TCX boots above for 11 years now and have never had a leak.  They are also super comfortable… nice hiked 8 miles in them @yellowstone in one day :)

I like the all leather models more than the textile bits of the TCX line.  

Just to join in on all the recommended Alpinestars Web Goretex. I am on my 3rd pair (1 destroyed in an accident, did their work). Commuting every day, they were what you need in all weather. First pair lasted about 6 years, current one now about the same.
No commuting anymore, but I will stick to them as long as they are available. No need to replace though.

Edited by Fleng
  • Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, wanderer said:

New boots are Sidi Canyon Gore (RevZilla link) ... I don't have the same torrential experiences to refer to.

With this upcoming trip to OR & WA, maybe I will get some more wet experience with the Canyons!

Yes, these withstood the torrents quite well.

• 8 months later...

Had a pair of SIDI Goretex boots that have served me very well but were wearing out.  The sole is thin and the zipper on the side is coming unstitched.  Boots have been thru many days of rain, temps from 34F and rain up to 106F all afternoon.  I'm happy so decided to go back with SIDI.  Bought the SIDI Performer Goretex and have been pleased with them.  I normally wear a size 9.5 shoe the former SIDIs were 10s (44) bought at a great price.  I put an insole and would wear an extra heavy cotton sock and they fit perfectly.  Bought same size for new boots and they are just a bit smaller.  Put the insole in the but cannot wear an extra sock.  The new boots weren't on sale.  I don't race or do track days and the Performer is a good boot for me.

A* web gore-tex.  Mine are about 7 years old and still waterproof and comfy to walk around in.  Just recently I rode about 400 miles in the rain and the feet stayed dry.

• Like 1

I am on my third pair of Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots.  I wore out the soles on the first pair after about eight years, my second pair is around the same age, and I just started to wear my third pair (that I bought seven years ago….I like them that much).

I can walk in them, they fit, and have never leaked.  I had a pair of Sidi boots that were too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter due to the use of the synthetic leather Lorica that was used in their construction.  The Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots are made from real leather.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member

I made a visit to the KLIM website to find nearby Klim gear. Unfortunately the 'dealer-locator' link is not working. I'm interested in the OUTLANDER GTX BOOT. Anyone try them?

Bonus is the Tracer 900GT shown on the related page....scrool down.

https://www.klim.com/Outlander-GTX-Boot-3926-001?quantity=1&color=1426&page=1

• 8 months later...

Was hoping someone had tried the KLIM Adventure GTX as they are allegedly good for walking in but they are hella expensive! Was thinking wearing goretex boots good for walking in would save packing extra boots on tour. A stars web getting good comments.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I ended up buying the  KLIM Outlander GTX boot in all black and have about 1000 miles on them. I have a wide foot and these fit very well with no discomfort. I used them one day to walk the dog in the rain after I got back from a ride and honestly they feel like high top sneakers. I would definetaly buy them again for their comfort and how light they feel. The BOA system with twist n go lacing is a breeze to use with gloves and saves fumbling with regular laces.

I haven't ridden in heavy rain but the online reviews have one guy saying they were his only boots for an 8000 mile trip and he never had wet feet, while another guy siad he got wet feet because water got over the top. I guess its down to what pants you wear over them.

I searched forever to get a discounted price but ended up paying almost full price and have no regrets due to them been excellent. I'm really 11.5 in EEE wide footwear, my Alpinstars were 12.5, but I was able to wear 12 in the Klim's as they are slightly wider. Reviews suggest going 1/2 size up. I would buy them again.

• Thanks 1