The NT1100 IS COMING THE 21ST!!!

2and3cylinders

• Premium Member

Only 100 hp / 76 '# but down at 6300 at 10.1:1 CR and 270 degree crank to simulate a 90 degree V- twin, with throttle 5 modes, TC & Anti-wheelie though weirdly NO IMU or ABS mentioned, OR adjustable suspension!???

But good size panniers, cruise, heated grips, self cancelling TS, center stand, aux power outlets.  525# and 5.38 US gallon tank is more than acceptable IMO given the steel frame and presumably fuel tank.

And a QS with blipper is an option, as is a 50L top case.  Very nice...

Is not ABS mandatory now?  And while it's priced respectably considering the standard features, if they omitted an IMU and fully adjustable suspension front & rear, they blew it!

I would be interested in the DCT even still.

But WTF is "full-fat performance"?

"It also features full-fat performance from the twin-cylinder engine, inherited from the Africa Twin, but with intake and exhaust tuned for super-smooth acceleration and a pleasing low-rpm sound."

• Supporting Member

Huh... that is a nice looking motorcycle, and the specs aren't bad at all. Ground clearance and seat height are surprisingly both good. I will give this thing a try in the spring.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Only 100 hp / 76 '# but down at 6300 at 10.1:1 CR and 270 degree crank to simulate a 90 degree V- twin, with throttle 5 modes, TC & Anti-wheelie though weirdly NO IMU or ABS mentioned, OR adjustable suspension!???

It has remote preload adjustability on rear shock and what looks like a tool-less preload dial on front fork in the pictures. We'll have to wait and see if it has damping adjustment with tools on release.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

But good size panniers, cruise, heated grips, self cancelling TS, center stand, aux power outlets.  525# and 5.38 US gallon tank is more than acceptable IMO given the steel frame and presumably fuel tank.

And a QS with blipper is an option, as is a 50L top case.  Very nice...

Is not ABS mandatory now?  And while it's priced respectably considering the standard features, if they omitted an IMU and fully adjustable suspension front & rear, they blew it!

1 hour ago, jthayer09 said:

It has remote preload adjustability on rear shock and what looks like a tool-less preload dial on front fork in the pictures. We'll have to wait and see if it has damping adjustment with tools on release.

Front Suspension:

43mm inverted telescopic fork, preload adjustable; 5.9 in. travel

Rear Suspension: Monoshock, preload adjustable; 5.9 in. travel
Front Brake: Radial-mounted 4-piston calipers, floating 310mm dual discs w/ ABS
Rear Brake:

1-piston caliper, 256mm disc w/ ABS

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I appreciate that this forum can appreciate good non Yamaha bikes.   So many forums are nothing but zealots.    Makes me happy to be here :) 

(but we can all shit talk KTMs right? ;) )

• Thumbsup 4
  • Haha 1

The competition is heating up.  Should be a good thing for the consumer.  I for one don't think I'd drop the kind of money they are going to ask for this without fully adjustable suspension, at least as fully adjustable as the Tracer.

Competition is definitely good...assuming they actually get bikes in the showroom!!!!  Having owned a 2020 AT with this motor I just didn't like the on off throttle jerkiness of the motor.  Even worse was there is no way to tune it.  My 2020 Tracer GT with Ivan's tune is an actual thing of beauty and it would be very hard to give up.  I will be curious to here peoples thoughts when they ride this new Honda......

Edited by CRFan250

16 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Not in the US. It is in a lot of places, but we 'Murricans like to live dangerously! 😄

The bike has ABS, just not lean-sensitive ABS. So, much like the Tracer/FJ, it's just the basic ABS/TC.

1 hour ago, draco_1967 said:

Not in the US. It is in a lot of places, but we 'Murricans like to live dangerously! 😄

The bike has ABS, just not lean-sensitive ABS. So, much like the Tracer/FJ, it's just the basic ABS/TC.

I guess I just learned that ABS isn't required in the US!  I thought it was!  - its just because EU required it since 2012 that all US bikes have them by the major companies.