Hunting / surging and C0 settings

This fellow has made some kind of wiring mod and does something in DIAG. ANYONE WHO SPEAKS FRENCH PLEASE TRANSLATE!!!! 

In France all bikes are limited by law to 100 horsepowers. But only in France. In the rest of European Union have the full power. No restriction. 
The video shows how to manipulate ECU to have full power of the Tracer 115hp, to eliminate restriction to 106hp.

But it is illegal. No coverage by insurance in case of accidents.

In 2016 this will be gone.

http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/actualites/2015/actu_150120-fin-loi-100-chevaux.php

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi
After reading this thread the conclusion on tweaking the CO numbers in the hidden menu is what...?
I cant seem to find anything about if we should leave it to default or rise the digits to 12...
Does it change the surging?

Nismo- it absolutely could fix a "surging " symptom. +10 to 14 is probably a good increase in fuel across the board.

As I mentioned earlier - it can only be done by a licensed Yamaha dealer with access to computer software.

Skip

• 4 months later...
I'm hoping the aussie ones aren't locked out, will give it a go when I get the exhaust/urge to tinker! The co adjustment fixed my tenere's surge and also my old fz6, and my mates Mt-09 so think it'll work nicely on my Tracer, which is already smoother than his Mt was pre tune..

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
My FJ-09 seems to run better with the O2 sensor unplugged. It eliminates the low speed, steady cruise sputter, and smooths that little jerky hit when reopening the throttle. I have done the reflash. That helped a lot, but simply unplugging the O2 sensor improves it further. Are there any drawbacks to just leaving it unplugged? Will it wreck the cat? Will it prevent the ECU from adjusting for varying atmospheric conditions? Will it kill MPG economy? Etc...
Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...

Chances are without that input it goes into a default over rich table. So yes, fuel mileage could suffer but there's also no feedback to the ecu about how the engine is running.
Adjustments are made based on air temp, barometric pressure etc without the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor is just the final check for the fueling ensuring its not running overly lean when it shouldn't be

Archived