Yamaha City Tank Bag and Tank Clamp

Its the bf23 givi tank ring and is mt/fj specific. My givi xs308 fits perfectly with no mods. Just get the right fitting people! The 308 can be adjusted forward and backwards and it rocks!

This thread is about the Yamaha City Tank Bag. This comment is out of place.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Considering the Givi XS307/308 is a direct competitor to the Yamaha/Bags connection bag, and uses the same type of 'no touch' mounting, I think mentioning it and comparing them is perfectly suitable to the thread. I found the information useful and timely, as I now have to decide which one to buy. It will probably be whichever one for which the mounting ring comes off backorder first! ;)

• Premium Member
FYI on the FJ-09 Tank Clamp and Yamaha Tank Bag. 

As you might expect, the Tank Mounting Clamp for the FZ-09 fits perfectly on the FJ-09 (Part# 1RC-F41B0-V0-00).  Just take out four of the original FJ bolts and replace with longer versions provided with the clamp.  It has a very clean look and worked perfectly on my FJ-09 with the Yamaha FZ Tour Tank Bag.  The Yamaha Tour Tank Bag (made by Bags Connection) appears to be almost identical to the SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection EVO Trial Tankbag. The Yamaha version doesn't include the extra pockets and "iPad holder" under the map pocket lid (which would be nice to have, alas I didn't see that difference until I'd bought and installed the Yamaha version).  You have to drill into the bottom of the tank bag to install the bag side clamping mechanism into the proper location for your bike. They give you a template for drilling and it was actually quite easy to do.  The Yamaha bag snaps easily onto the tank and seems very secure.  I put it on and then went for a long day ride to check it out.  Worked great, no interference visually or physically with any of the controls. Nice bag and mounting system!

Here are some pictures -

[/img][/a]

[url=]

I was able to get both the bag and the mounting clamp at my local dealer (happened to have them in stock).  I expect (and pictures seem to confirm) that the Yamaha tank side mounting clamp is actually the "SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK Type 110 EVO Tankbag Bottom Tankring". 

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The Yamaha City bag is the route I plan to go for a tank bag.

But curious, if both the FJ09 & FZ09 mounts will work, which is nicer overall? And does one of them have a snugger fit over the other?
Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
It does appear the FZ mount is a cleaner looking one over the FJ mount, not sure why they made them different.
The FJ mount looks to sit taller the FZ mount based on pics I've seen posted in here somewhere.

I will also be getting the FZ version, unless they can explain the reason for the difference between the two mounts.

The FZ version, as noted above, seems to fit, but the FJ9 has a plastic trim piece at the front of the tank that the FZ does not. It interferes with the mounting of the tank bag, so the FJ mount is taller to clear it.

The FJ (Tracer) version is available in Europe, but is not yet showing in the US parts/accessory system.  You can only get the FZ version in the US at the moment.  Given how slow Yamaha has been with other accessories for the FJ, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Guest branthopolis
The FZ version, as noted above, seems to fit, but the FJ9 has a plastic trim piece at the front of the tank that the FZ does not. It interferes with the mounting of the tank bag, so the FJ mount is taller to clear it. 
The FJ (Tracer) version is available in Europe, but is not yet showing in the US parts/accessory system.  You can only get the FZ version in the US at the moment.  Given how slow Yamaha has been with other accessories for the FJ, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The SW Motech/Bags Connection branded version of the FJ tank ring (ring #308) is supposed to be available around July 6th.    Already have mine ordered from Twisted Throttle.. 

• Premium Member

I'm using the FZ mount on my FJ and have no trim interference problems at all (see the pictures in my earlier post with the Yamaha FZ Touring bag).  The bag attaches and detaches easily without having to force it.   

I have mine since about a month, availaible from Yamaha Canada.
Did a trip to North Carolina / Tennessee 6,200km and the bag did really good. Help me quite a bit with all those toll bridges.

Just received my Yamaha City Bag. Looks nice and the will prob. be big enough for a ...citytour...but those side pockets are pretty much useless.

Archived