Didnt expect to love this bike as much...

AVGTRACER

Hey Everyone!

Picked up a 2015 Fj-09 to do some product testing on with the intent to sell it once done as I never really thought much of the sport touring bikes. But wow was I wrong... Only ridden it about 3 times (end of the season here in Canada) and i'm absolutely loving it. I often want to do longer trips but with my fz07 or R6 i'm hesitant due to comfort. Excited to keep the bike a little longer and use it on some longer trips next season!

Been on this forum for about a week now lurking and glad i came across it as the noisy clutch almost made me pass up on the bike but looks like it's pretty common. 

Bike came with an aftermarket seat, OEM hand warmers and 2 saddle bags. All maintenance up to date with valves adjusted, new breaks, all new fluids and new chain and sprockets. Since its the winter now i'm looking to do a few "must have" modifications. I hear a ECU flash is a must on the 2015's but curious what else?

IMG_2386 2.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

• Like 1

• Supporting Member

Inverse display; interesting.  Did you do that?

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

3 minutes ago, knyte said:

Inverse display; interesting.  Did you do that?

lol that's actually the reason I bought the bike. To test fit it on it. It's the "ColorClusterz LCD Flip" 

Also small world, noticed you're from edmonton. I'm from Calgary haha

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, OZVFR said:

Hmmmm, I really like the flipped LCD.

It's the way it should have come out from new I think.

Tell me more...

This was posted on Monday.  I really like the look. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, OZVFR said:

I really like the flipped LCD

Especially against that satin black paint

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, AVGTRACER said:

I'm from Calgary

Oh nice!  Seems like there's a few of us from 'berta here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OZVFR said:

With bike switched off, does the screen go black or back to normal?

My only concern would be Aussie summers and heat inside cluster created by sun. 

The display remains black. You’ll be good tho in the heat. The film is UV safe and has a very high working temperature limit. It’s quite popular on the Mt07 in Australia and haven’t had any issues 

• Thumbsup 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AVG, First thing I changed on mine was the original factory screen. Bike was bought from a dealership 250 miles from home and I rode it back after the purchase. Thought I had made a huge mistake when I reached the motorway and any speed over 70mph was awful.  The PUIG touring screen I opted for works for me.

screen shot.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 2:07 PM, AVGTRACER said:

lol that's actually the reason I bought the bike. To test fit it on it. It's the "ColorClusterz LCD Flip" 

Also small world, noticed you're from edmonton. I'm from Calgary haha

I'm also in Calgary; I'm the guy you'll see riding through the winter, grey Tracer and white/red Tenere.

It's funny, I had an MT07, traded it in for the Tracer.  IMHO, the MT07 is more fun to scoot around on what with it's effortless power wheelies and such, but yeah on a longer trip the Tracer is much better.  And much faster!  What I really like about it is that while it's a "sport touring" bike for sure, it's not what you traditionally think of as a Sport Tourer.  Usually, that's a ridiculously heavy, oversized, often bulbous sport bike.  Like a FJR.  The Tracer (and moreso the FJ) is much more sport and much less touring, and it does so carrying the majority of it's MT09 DNA.  It's a great bike.  And, pull off the bags, slap on a nice short summer windscreen, and it's a beastly looking naked bike. 

Hmmm.

My Tracer has the color TFT, but my Tenere just has the stock display.  I'm really, really liking that flipped display.  Very tempting.  I'm just really iffy about the installation :)

Edited by Wintersdark