WANTED: OEM Heated Grips 2015 FJ09

bootsandboots

• Supporting Member

I installed the OEM heated grips on my 2017 and had an issue covered under warranty. It took three months for the replacement part to come from Yamaha. Not sure if they make the kit anymore or if the lack of availability online is because of the current worldwide situation?

• 2 months later...

Wow, all these years, I had no clue it was possible to control heated grips through the dash on an FJ-09.  I thought even the OEM grips came with a separate controller you'd mount to the handlebar.

That caused me to go searching and find these.  Here's the pertinent video and thread on wiring aftermarket grips.  Seems like that that's definitely your best bet instead of trying to hunt down the OEMs.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, brewhaha said:

The link above is the 3rd part number ive found, my dealer couldn't find them anywhere.

The part number of the set I installed on my 2017 is:- 2PP-H29A0-V0.  The install instructions are from 12/2014.

It's possible that the part number varies for the same part that is used on multiple models. You might look at the Yamaha heated grips for the Tracer 2019-2022 models to see if they are similar to the FJ-09?

Accessories

Edited by Heli ATP
  • Thumbsup 1