Black Friday deals ?

Having only recently moved to the States,  I'm still learning things .

Do Company's like Revzilla do online Black Friday deals ? 

As I'm looking to replace my Lid with something newer for when I get back onto 2 wheels. Found the make I want , so do I buy now or wait to see if it goes for less at the end of the month ? 

Plus I have a feeling my UK textiles are going to be a bit ' heavy ' for riding in the heat of North Nevada and beyond 😎 

Cheers 👍 

• Premium Member

Start looking now to select the brand/model of helmet you want, so you can just search on prices when things start to go on sale.

Yes, most do seasonal sales, and for all that I know of, the sales begin on or before November 1. Or 1 November, if you prefer. So if a deal is to be had on the helmet you want, it should be active now. No need to wait.

Sign up for their email lists, and you'll get emails with all the latest and greatest deals.

My current list of vendors to check includes Revzilla (love their Zilla bucks), Rocky Mountain ATV/MC (similar rewards program), and https://www.motorcyclegear.com/

Great prices and incredible service with all the above.

https://motorcyclecloseouts.com/ is sometimes worth a look. READ the return policy for what you're buying VERY carefully; some closeout items have a different policy.

There are many others... Dennis Kirk, Chaparral Motorsports, and Iron Pony are worth checking. I cannot recommend BikeBandit.

I've also spotted some steep helmet discounts on JP Cycles on occasion.

FWIW, if it's a current major brand helmet, the pricing will be nearly identical everywhere, and most ship "free" above a certain price. The differences are in the rewards program. My last helmet was about $500, and earned me $25 in store credit rewards at Revzilla, plus at the time they had a bonus program in place that added a few extra bucks to that.

With, well, you know, "things" being the way they are out there, if you know what you want and find it in stock, grab it. I know most will give you a rebate for the difference if it goes on sale a few weeks later, so I would not wait.

Edited by bwringer
  • Thumbsup 2

9 minutes ago, bwringer said:

Yes, most do seasonal sales, and for all that I know of, the sales begin on or before November 1. Or 1 November, if you prefer. So if a deal is to be had on the helmet you want, it should be active now. No need to wait.

Sign up for their email lists, and you'll get emails with all the latest and greatest deals.

My current list of vendors to check includes Revzilla (love their Zilla bucks), Rocky Mountain ATV/MC (similar rewards program), and https://www.motorcyclegear.com/

Great prices and incredible service with all the above.

https://motorcyclecloseouts.com/ is sometimes worth a look. READ the return policy for what you're buying VERY carefully; some closeout items have a different policy.

There are many others... Dennis Kirk, Chaparral Motorsports, and Iron Pony are worth checking. I cannot recommend BikeBandit.

I've also spotted some steep helmet discounts on JP Cycles on occasion.

FWIW, if it's a current major brand helmet, the pricing will be nearly identical everywhere, and most ship "free" above a certain price. The differences are in the rewards program. My last helmet was about $500, and earned me $25 in store credit rewards at Revzilla, plus at the time they had a bonus program in place that added a few extra bucks to that.

With, well, you know, "things" being the way they are out there, if you know what you want and find it in stock, grab it. I know most will give you a rebate for the difference if it goes on sale a few weeks later, so I would not wait.

Thanks for the links and advice.

I'm keen to buy now for exactly the reason you state in the last paragraph- but it's always good to save a few Quid , sorry , Dollars as and when you can.

Now , where's the Wife's Credit card........

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

On the topic of Black Friday deals, here's one for the self-cancelling turn signal system and brake module from ST2 systems.

I have the self-cancelling turn system installed and it works very well.

33% off plus free shipping with the code - RIDESMART33

• Thanks 1

Your will probably be looking for a quality mesh jacket.  You may be able to find a good closeout on one - I'm looking for a new winter textile jacket - should have done that last spring but oh well.  I need to post up my "old" new summer jacket.  Wore it a couple of times and bought an airbag vest - then had to buy a new jacket to get the room for the airbag vest under it.  For summer gear I'm wearing a Dianese D-Air vest under a Rev'It Wind 2 jacket.  In June road an afternoon in Kansas with the temperature at 106F  Combo did better than I would have expected in those temperature with descent airflow.  I rode all morning that day and watched the temperature creep up, stop for lunch and it was 105 for 15 minutes then went to 106 and stayed!  Rode 500 miles that day!  

There are good textiles around, I like lots of mesh but have to have solid fabric in the sliding zones - like shoulders and outside of the arms.