Aftermarket heated seat options

If you do try it, please do post about it.  I've never used a heated seat on a bike, but have often thought about it given how awesome they are in cars.  Could install a heater in the stock seat, but it's just never made it's way high enough in the priority list :)

• Thumbsup 1

I know. I had the chance to do heated on my Sargant Seat but didn't. I know they have the option and I do like my seat. Just not high enough on the list for the extra buckaroos. It would also be a buy it like that option to me. Not gonna take the seat apart then fit the heating element. Then reassemble the seat, to much sugar for a dime at this point. I wish you luck with finding the correct option for you. Oh yeah, Just remembered. I don't ride in temperatures lower than my age so the mid 60s on up and I'm riding. Colder than that, I'm working around the house waiting for a day later in the week to ride. I live down south. We park our bikes in August for maintenance. Oh, now I see your in NE PA, God love ya!!!!

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Hah that's kind of the thing, though.  I do ride in stupid cold, down to temps where it doesn't even matter which degrees you use, but even there I really don't have any need for a heated seat for warmth - my heated gear keeps me toasty, and the jacket liner extends down half way down my butt anyways.  

But... I keep going back to thinking about heated car seats.  They're not really about being warm (though they're better than sitting on a cold seat for sure), they're about being stupidly comfortable and warm and fuzzy, regardless of how cold it is.  I won't even buy a car without heated seats now.

But, yeah.  I could add a heating element to my stock seat, and it wouldn't cost much at all.  ~$30ish.  But... between ordering, wiring, pulling the seat apart and putting it together again, hopefully not screwing it up in the process (I have no experience with upholstery stuff)... It's a lot.  

I had an option to get the heated stock seat when I bought the bike, and I kind of wish I'd gone for it.  

• Supporting Member

I have a really nice cover for my seat from King of Fleece. It is a 100% waterproof fabric that is durable and stretchable for a custom fit. I may purchase a cheap heated pad to put under this seat cover. If that proves positive I may go all out and add the saddleman heaters under the leather. Stay tuned.

Also, Corbin now has the Fire and Ice seat...

https://www.corbin.com/product/fireice.shtml

PS: here is a guy reviewing a heated seat on our bike....