Cruise control for the FJ-09

jdl1977

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea. But Twisted throttle says the 8 units they ordered already are all already sold and accounted for. So at least 8 mysterious FJ-09 owners will be rockin them soon. Lets hope for pictures. In 6-8 weeks ill let you know how mine looks....

YAM650.jpg

Looks like it should work

• 2 weeks later...
I got in touch with Kaoko directly and tried to order two of them (one for me, one for the wife) since with the exchange rate the total would have been $153 (shipping included).  Kaoko replied telling me they don't do direct-to-customer sales, and to go through Twisted Throttle.  They CC'd a customer service rep at TT, who then contacted me.  Sure, they'd be happy to sell me two for $135 EACH.  I replied telling the rep that a one-hundred percent markup is a bit steep, and I'd pass on their offer.  No reply from TT.

If Yamaha offer an electronic kit in the future I'll happily pay for it.  No wonky interfaces, no tapping wiring harnesses, no mounting issues.

• Premium Member
It's not a real cruise control, but the price was right, and it is definitely helpful:

Motorbike Throttle Assisst https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z8YTFQS

For me, part of the issue is that the stock grips are not super-grippy, so I find myself having to hold the throttle tighter than I'd like, in order to get friction.

This $3 piece of plastic helps a lot on the highway. When you don't want to use it, you can spin it out of the way. (It locks in one direction but rotates pretty easily in the other.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mccruise
I haven't read through the whole thread, but @emitrdetsaw, check out what McCruise is doing. Not sure if that would meet your needs.
Hi all, 
Sorry for the delay.....we've been busy! :| 

but we are finally able to make this kit available.  You can buy it here and get the complete instructions by email within a couple of days of ordering to read over at your leisure before you get your hands on the kit.

Delivery will take 7-10 days, so you could be enjoying your MCCruise in only a couple of weeks, unless we get overwhelmed with orders, but we will keep you posted if that happens.  Check out the brochure and what you get for your money on our site too.

Moreover, as a member of the forum for this great bike, you get a 5% discount code to use in the cart on our web site when you order: MYKERN8SVVIR

But maybe you aren't in a hurry?  This could be your winter project and you don't want to rush it.  If that sounds like you and you don't mind waiting 8 weeks to get your hands on your MCCruise, use this code I3RU88B5CV6D and get a whopping 10% off! That drops the kit cost to just $677USD plus $55USD for shipping for you lucky US citizens benefiting from the lousy Aussie dollar right now.  This offer expires on October 15 - so get in quick for this first time ever offer from MotorCycle Cruise Controls.

We look forward to enhancing your pleasure on your long and short rides.

• Premium Member
I haven't read through the whole thread, but @emitrdetsaw, check out what McCruise is doing. Not sure if that would meet your needs.
Hi all, 
Sorry for the delay.....we've been busy! :| 

but we are finally able to make this kit available.  You can buy it here and get the complete instructions by email within a couple of days of ordering to read over at your leisure before you get your hands on the kit.

Delivery will take 7-10 days, so you could be enjoying your MCCruise in only a couple of weeks, unless we get overwhelmed with orders, but we will keep you posted if that happens.  Check out the brochure and what you get for your money on our site too.

Moreover, as a member of the forum for this great bike, you get a 5% discount code to use in the cart on our web site when you order: MYKERN8SVVIR

But maybe you aren't in a hurry?  This could be your winter project and you don't want to rush it.  If that sounds like you and you don't mind waiting 8 weeks to get your hands on your MCCruise, use this code I3RU88B5CV6D and get a whopping 10% off! That drops the kit cost to just $677USD plus $55USD for shipping for you lucky US citizens benefiting from the lousy Aussie dollar right now.  This offer expires on October 15 - so get in quick for this first time ever offer from MotorCycle Cruise Controls.

We look forward to enhancing your pleasure on your long and short rides.
OK, how do we get past the "sold out" bit for those of us who have flashing brake lights? 

Guest mccruise
Sorry about that!  I think I have fixed the MCCruise web site product now.  Please check.  Web sites can be a bit tricky at 3am in the morning.  Even the FJ-09 forum web site.  I had the post finished and went to bold one word - and lost the whole lot.  i have no idea why.  Anyone else ever experience this?

I've had it happen once, I put it down to the fact that I took a long time to finish the posting and when I submitted the screen had timed out and lost it. Fortunately, in my case, it was neither long nor that important. Has happened on other sites for me, which at the time was very important and that wasn't a forum.

If is due to a timeout, I'd suggest composing the message in an offline editor (email, Word, Notepad etc) and once done copy and paste into the forum - however this may not have been the cause of your loss.

All the best in your product, am looking at it with great (empty pocket) interest.

Sorry about that!  I think I have fixed the MCCruise web site product now.  Please check.  Web sites can be a bit tricky at 3am in the morning.  Even the FJ-09 forum web site.  I had the post finished and went to bold one word - and lost the whole lot.  i have no idea why.  Anyone else ever experience this?

Practice makes perfect! ;)

Archived