Looking for replacement comfort pegs for my vintage 2015 MT-09 Tracer/FJ09

• Supporting Member

Can anyone point me to where I can buy either the Super Tenere pegs - 1RC-274M0-00-00

or the SCR950 pegs - BL3-F14D0-V0-00 (which I believe are compatible?)

These seem like hen's teeth ATM?!  I blame it all on COVID!

If anyone knows of their existence in their local motorcycle hangouts or even of a pair that's slipped in behind the couch cushions I'd be happy to pay for the shipping - within reason of course 🙂

Any advice or suggestions if there are alternatives that fit the bill would also be welcomed.

TIA.

My bike buddy did an e-bay search for FJR footpegs and came up with a good selection of aftermarket pegs that did the job. The set cheap he ordered were of good quality and felt strong enough but needed a touch with a file to fit perfectly. They have worked well and have easily put up with standing on the left side peg when mounting the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Huh... Yamabits came up empty. Yamaha Canada has the SCR peg here at some astronomical price. Partzilla is an order of magnitude more reasonable... here.

Yes, it would seem that even if these can be found when it comes to being in stock it's a whole other story.

e.g. Partzilla shows the following for delivery time?!

image.png.f431dba6da5861f5d0e4ceff8777dd19.png

Appreciate your looking though.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Supporting Member

For everyone who have suggested the cheap eBay option I should have mentioned that I have been down that path some years ago and while the ones I got have served me well enough the rubber has deterioated to the point of replacement.

Get another pair I hear you say, and fair enough, but I thought I'd try to get the adventure style ones that have both the rubber insert for soaking up any vibes on a long run but with the toothed section for when you want postive grip while being a bit 'adventurous'.  Maybe there is something on eBay that meets the brief (and fits) that I just haven't found yet.

For the record, these are the el cheapo pegs that I got ages ago.

Thanks for the responses though. 👍

20210226_081356.thumb.jpg.30f8c3fbb37aaf3a0ca2bfa9f65d8db2.jpg

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

For everyone who have suggested the cheap eBay option I should have mentioned that I have been down that path some years ago and while the ones I got have served me well enough the rubber has deterioated to the point of replacement.

Same happened to me... actually nearly lost my footing as I stood on the pegs while crossing some nasty railroad tracks. The rubber cracked and just slithered sideways on me. They lasted two seasons. I think if I were to buy genuine FJR pegs, the quality of the rubber might have been a step or two above the cheap eBay stuff.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, piotrek said:

Huh... Yamabits came up empty. Yamaha Canada has the SCR peg here at some astronomical price. Partzilla is an order of magnitude more reasonable... here.

Several years ago I got mine from Yamabits.uk for around $100, I love those pegs, nice size platform for standing when I want to stretch my legs.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, betoney said:

Several years ago I got mine from Yamabits.uk for around $100, I love those pegs, nice size platform for standing when I want to stretch my legs.

Hey Brian, I think I read somewhere that you thought that the Super Ten 2019 pegs were the same as what you have and fitted our 2015 models?  Does that sound about right?  They look like they would fit?

This from the parts list: -

image.png.99f16a518cdfcfaeded75eeb6215aae4.png

52063047_SuperTen2019_parts2.JPG.a1b2dd9977df87f3368024564398d3f4.JPG

1421321132_SuperTen2019_parts1.JPG.f17c5133d31198fbb2a190a7f2fad5b6.JPG

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, betoney said:

Agree. There was some soul searching before I spent the money... but no regrets. The eBay stuff is so cheap that it sometimes distorts the perception of value.

• Thumbsup 4

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
On 11/23/2021 at 3:03 AM, betoney said:

Try it at your own ri$k. 😉

Yes, indeed.  That's what stopped me from pressing the 'buy now' button.  It seems that there are many models that these things are on but the part numbers change subtly on every one making it difficult to be certain of their compatibility.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Revisiting this thread.  I've pretty well given up finding a genuine set of adventure pegs for my model so I've deceided to try an alternative and have purchased (still in the mail) what seem to be a good/decent option.

After my purchase I've since discovered that these are identical to the SW-Motech ION footpegs in every way (from materials/metals used down to the pattern in the rubber insert).  I wouldn't be surprised if these are the ones that are supplied to SW-Motech!

The only perceivable difference is these are less than half the price of the 'genuine' ones.  i.e.~AU$100 compared to $215.

I guess I'll see if they meet expectations when they get here.

1061057468_AdventurePegs.thumb.JPG.61306904958ac60361a7c839fed8afb1.JPG

image.png.09201e5e6340d99b4ecbc663de627dee.png

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Daz,

BTW, your Aliexpress link is a bust.

You may recall I tried wide ADV but also position adjustable pegs albeit without the rubber covers but also without the aggressive non-profit slip lugs.  Vibration was never an issue for me with the OEM pegs (they were just too short) or the cheapo longer rubber covered pegs I was happy to run for prolly 30k miles that were also getting a bit tattered.

The ADV style pegs were OK but I found their width made rotating my ankles to shift and brake awkward if not also a bit dangerous due to needing to lift my left foot to relocate it above or below the foot shift lever peg.

You also saw my new round, moderately aggressive non-slip adjustable pegs and foot shift lever peg cover.  However, the jury is still out on both, and will be until probably next June when I hopefully can be back in the saddle flying low...