Looking for replacement comfort pegs for my vintage 2015 MT-09 Tracer/FJ09

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Daz,

BTW, your Aliexpress link is a bust.

Hmm, don't know why that didn't work but I've had to remove the imbedded link and put in the URL instead.  Try that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.  I've heard that some love them and some not so much.  I'll find out in due course I guess.

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Linky still no worky for me

Never mind was just curious 

Strange.  Every time I add a link I test it before leaving the post and both of those links worked for me every time BUT didn't on my return after you reported that they didn't work???  Who knows?? 🤷‍♂️

Anywho... here's a screen shot that includes the store name if you were still interested in chasing up for a search yourself.

image.thumb.png.e5d6a774e70e02c2897ec9709c122c7d.png

On 11/22/2021 at 1:28 AM, dazzler24 said:

Hey Brian, I think I read somewhere that you thought that the Super Ten 2019 pegs were the same as what you have and fitted our 2015 models?  Does that sound about right?  They look like they would fit?

This from the parts list: -

image.png.99f16a518cdfcfaeded75eeb6215aae4.png

52063047_SuperTen2019_parts2.JPG.a1b2dd9977df87f3368024564398d3f4.JPG

1421321132_SuperTen2019_parts1.JPG.f17c5133d31198fbb2a190a7f2fad5b6.JPG

I bought a set of the Tenere pegs on fleabay, and they require a little modification to fit. They are ~2mm wider than the Tracer's foot peg mount, so a little grinding to remove the material made them fit. The torsion springs need to be bent and trimmed a bit to work as well.

For the cost, those AliExpress pegs look like a good option.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 1/26/2022 at 3:51 AM, draco_1967 said:

I bought a set of the Tenere pegs on fleabay, and they require a little modification to fit. They are ~2mm wider than the Tracer's foot peg mount, so a little grinding to remove the material made them fit. The torsion springs need to be bent and trimmed a bit to work as well.

For the cost, those AliExpress pegs look like a good option.

That was the other thing that made me a little hesitant to press the buy button in that there seemed to be doubts about fitment - model dependant in some cases.  Good to hear that you were able to get some from the bay of fleas as I assume the price was right there to take that punt.  To buy full price otherwise combined with the doubt as to fitment turned me to the SW-Motec knockoffs.

Hopefully they don't disappoint?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Went for a quick blast this morning to get a ride in before the forecast week (at least) of rain arrives.  While I'm writing this it looks like it has started!

Anyway, after a month of waiting and while out on my ride, the postman delivered my aforementioned ALI Express pegs.

First impression is that they are heavy! 808 grams (~1.8lbs) in total.  They came well packaged and seem solidly built.

The pegs have two levels of height adjustment which interested me as I'd like just a smidge more length in the leg from the stock setup.

Will fit them and go for a test when the weather comes good and report my findings (FWIW).

20220222_124046.thumb.jpg.73a17f98d947ced729ce8060fa1f8e67.jpg20220222_124159.thumb.jpg.c38757cf81d022d4224d33ffc3ad111b.jpg20220222_124236.thumb.jpg.c8a8154baecbd07bafc17a433136ea29.jpg20220222_124330.thumb.jpg.822d703d445d7339467ca65c50136a3b.jpg20220222_124356.thumb.jpg.bf3dcdb1447cd6535f1e3c33e94203c9.jpg

Pegs2.thumb.jpg.2ae2df98264e47283d99ec15a303defd.jpgPegs1.thumb.jpg.8596f7afb78861a2a9d4022beaa700d8.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Daz,

Those are even wider than the ADV pegs I tried and have for now rejected because they made shifting and braking awkward.  I found I had to lift my left foot off the peg to move from down shifting to upshifting, and that their width also limited rotation range of both ankles.

Maybe a heel-toe shifter would solve the up to down shifting paradeum LOL

I also didn't notice the width adding any substantive support but the lack of rubber covers on mine was not uncomfortable or increase felt vibration.

Besides the two height levels, it appears yours can also be rotated axially in 6 increments; though likely only 2 of those will be usable.

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Daz,

Those are even wider than the ADV pegs I tried and have for now rejected because they made shifting and braking awkward.  I found I had to lift my left foot off the peg to move from down shifting to upshifting, and that their width also limited rotation range of both ankles.

Maybe a heel-toe shifter would solve the up to down shifting paradeum LOL

I also didn't notice the width adding any substantive support but the lack of rubber covers on mine was not uncomfortable or increase felt vibration.

Besides the two height levels, it appears yours can also be rotated axially in 6 increments; though likely only 2 of those will be usable.

The rubber part of the new pegs are 50mm(2") wide and the old ones are 30mm(1.2") to put some numbers on it.

The width does concern me in regard to the things you've mentioned and it had been considered pre-purchase but worth a crack .... now if only the rain would stop - 152mm (~6") last night and more to come for the rest of the week.  Flash flood warnings are popping up over a wide area.

P.S. and BTW - the keyed bit is an irregular hexagon so there are only two positions that it can go in which translates to only one as the other position puts it upside down.  I guess a large drill bit or judiciously applied file could change it into an infinitely variable peg adjustment if it meant the difference between a go/no-go situation. 🙂

20220223_091927.thumb.jpg.d415f7cc557f2413e3504097d21e16d8.jpg

• Premium Member

It also rained here yesterday which was very unusual this time of year but only about an inch or so.  Though with the big melt off we had because it jumped into the 40s for a couple of days, we've had flash flood warnings as well, and I had our usual basement seepage in one spot.  But we're now below normal overnight with a low of 10 and a forecast high of 23, so ice dams in the rivers will compound the flooding. Wind chills will be down around 0 F.

Can you dig it?  Ever live in colder climes?  We can be over a 100 with 85%+ RH.  It's amazing what you can get used to; walk out the door to 35° and it feels like spring, or from AC comfort open the door and 90 with 75% RH hits you like a hot wet rag and you almost choke when you take in a lung full of moldy, sweet air with the hardy flavor of fresh cut grass.  Dressing for rides can be challenging with it seemingly changing seasons sometimes day to day, hour to hour.

Let us know how the new pegs are when you dry out.  I'm sure the roads will be messed up in the lowspots, and all sorts of critters will be out enjoying the fresh sprouts that pop up everywhere. 

It's weird they didn't use a standard semetrical hex to provide 6 points of radial adjustment.  It would have been simpler than an asemetrical hex.

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Can you dig it?  Ever live in colder climes?  We can be over a 100 with 85%+ RH.  It's amazing what you can get used to; walk out the door to 35° and it feels like spring, or from AC comfort open the door and 90 with 75% RH hits you like a hot wet rag and you almost choke when you take in a lung full of moldy, sweet air with the hardy flavor of fresh cut grass. 

It's weird they didn't use a standard semetrical hex to provide 6 points of radial adjustment.  It would have been simpler than an asemetrical hex.

Travelled to places where there's snow but never lived in those conditions for an extended period.  I can imagine there must be challenges from time to time and you guys have shown that in plenty of posts.

And yes, I agree that a regular hexagon would have been simple enough to do but ....🤷‍♂️.

I believe that there is another model in the 'range' that do just that.  Go figure as they say.  Probably a way to make you pay more for the 'advanced' model. 🙄  Knocking two corners off the aluminium mounting part would do the job and not compromise the integrity of the part.  Just have to use some of the blue stuff and snug tight.  Hopefully it will be a moot point and I can leave them as is.

• Supporting Member

As Murphy would dictate, the new pegs are not a great fit out of the box!

The aluminium part that swivels the pegs up are a couple of mms shorter, where the tabs touch the bike, than the previous set and so the pegs are not flat and hang down a little - enough to make them unusable in that state.

Anyway, I've fashioned a couple of 2mm aluminium plates and have glued them into the receptacles for the peg mounts which has seemingly done the trick.  Time will tell if they remain in place but there is more than one way to skin a cat so I'm sure it can be resolved if these fail.

A little annoying as I asked specifically if these would fit a 2015 Tracer and was, of course, assured they would.

So, if you were thinking of getting a set, be aware that there will be work required to get them to fit properly.

Hanging down -

20220224_103406.thumb.jpg.ebe95b67fbf8a2966c0064d345c44cd6.jpg

image.png.c4fdae0652b71bef189c727b6c1aa4a0.png

Shim -

20220224_114154.thumb.jpg.3cbbf9956eda86e4a2bff91b7e918bd8.jpg

Fixed -

20220224_114530.thumb.jpg.7bed13113e79620b2ac303d75613315c.jpg

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
53 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Do you want to know why life is like a penis?

I'll lead with my chin here.....

Is it because, like life, sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down but not to worry as it definately won't be hard forever?