Looking for replacement comfort pegs for my vintage 2015 MT-09 Tracer/FJ09

• Premium Member

We're only supposed to get another 4 inches today.  Have to get a cavity drilled and filled at 11, then may go meet Old Timer at the indoor range and see if my shoulder came handle the weight and recoil for an hour.  That's a really full day out, no?

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

We're only supposed to get another 4 inches today.  Have to get a cavity drilled and filled at 11, then may go meet Old Timer at the indoor range and see if my shoulder came handle the weight and recoil for an hour.  That's a really full day out, no?

That'll do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Just to close the loop on these pegs I finally got to go out for a blast after fitting them as the weather here - right up and down the Eastern seaboard over the last few weeks - has alternated from flooding rains (literally!) and or debilitating humidity. As it turned out I still got caught in a downpour.

Anyway, these pegs feel fine underfoot and while they are a wide platform, I have no issues with gear changes or brake access.  You must have gumby feet @2and3cylinders 😂  If I were picky I probably could adjust both of the levers down a smidge to have the same position feel as my previous pegs offered but no biggy.  The only other minor niggle is that I would like them to be ever so slightly rotated further forward to feel completely flat under the ball of my foot but a file can handle that if it gets the better of me.

All in all (after the initial fitment issue) these will do me just fine.  As always YMMV.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Good to hear I won't be able to test my new pegs For a while

Surgery in a week😄

Good luck with that and get well sooner rather than later.  Summer is coming!

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Good luck with that and get well sooner rather than later.  Summer is coming!

Saw on the BBC again last night how things are still wet and wild on your side of the island, and maybe worse, the west half is record hot and racked by more bush fires.  Is there anywhere that is pleasant!y middle ground in Ausieland?  How are your Kiwi brothers and sisters doing?

I hoping to be my bad self in the saddle by June...

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Saw on the BBC again last night how things are still wet and wild on your side of the island, and maybe worse, the west half is record hot and racked by more bush fires.  Is there anywhere that is pleasant!y middle ground in Ausieland?  How are your Kiwi brothers and sisters doing?

I hoping to be my bad self in the saddle by June...

Rain is only just starting to clear from the Eastern seaboard now after weeks of torrential - and I mean torrential rain.  Rainfall records broken everywhere in this area.

Unprecedented flooding from just North of where I live in Queensland right down into New South Wales.  Loss of lives, livestock, buildings, vehicles, businesses, infrastructure - the list goes on.  The damages bill will be astronomical.  Just what you need following a pandamic 🙄.

Just on my local ride yesterday I saw damage to areas that I didn't ever think the water level would reach!  A lot of trees down, landslips, roads damaged etc.

19 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Is there anywhere that is pleasant!y middle ground in Ausieland?  How are your Kiwi brothers and sisters doing?

Of course!  It's not all bad.  In fact, while I'm biased, I'd have to say it's mostly all good.

It's a big country with lot's of diversity in weather and scenery - much like your own in that regard.  We all have our ups and downs throughout the world and unfortunately we only hear the bad news stories in the media so it tends to cloud the reality.

The Kiwis?  They're doing just fine.  Now there's a lovely country to see in a nice compact package......