2021 9GT bar risers and windshield

Korak

Needed risers for more comfort and fortunately Heli Bars made some for the 900 GT that fit perfectly on my 2021 9GT(Thanks Kenny A).  No need to extend cables, 1-1/8 inches taller, 1-1/8 inches rearward.  Big difference!

I also put on a Cal-Sci windscreen- large.  The screen was made for the 900 GT but it fits my 9 GT. At least 4 inches taller than stock and it has a vent hole to lesson turbulence.  Test ride tomorrow.  Will report.

IMG_10071.jpg.20f4a78f3af59ae1b8f18d9e38bcf097.jpgIMG_10081.jpg.20b3db3de5785145c4412879ea9cff36.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

OK, the risers give you more options to sit upright, easily adjusts up or down.  The Cal-Sci windscreen is better than stock in clean air on the highway, less buffeting around your helmet, shoulders still get some wind, however in traffic the turbulence is still present no matter the height of the screen.  Cars are bad, trucks worse. Better than stock but I would like to see what Madstad and National Cycle come up with.

• Thumbsup 3

• 1 month later...

Question about the stock "risers": The manual says there are two positions.  Is there any way to know what position the stock risers are in?  I'd like to try them in the closer position, but the bike is as it was at the factory, and I don't know what position they put them in there.  I hoped there would be a marking on the pieces to indicate position, but I don't find any.

I just want the bars as close to me as possible, and don't want to do any of that adjustment work if they're already as close as they can be.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Bought a Madstad 22" for my 2021. It comes with a new mounting plate and bracket which is adjustable up and down along with being able to change the angle using quick turn knobs. It also has 2 small wings mounted down low on the sides to prevent that air that sneaks in down low due to the mirror clearance required. HUGE difference! No more wind noise on my helmet unless I want some airflow by lowering it and changing the angle. I still get some airflow on my chest but not much. I can actually listen to music on my Sena without having to turn the volume up all of the way and my ears are not ringing when I get off the bike. I wholeheartedly recommend the system.

https://madstad.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-tracer-9-gt-2021

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Surprised Madstad didn't make it a one piece. Those extra pieces on the sides look like a patch job but if it gives the required result, that all that counts.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys , I just wanted to ask a question about the bar risers . I recently bought a Corbin saddle for my 2021 tracer 9 gt and now I’m sliding forward more then I was with the stock seat . So I need to raise the bars so I can access the rear portion of the saddle and stop sliding up against the tank .  With that being said heli bars show that there 21 version risers need extra work done to extend the hose going to the brake reservoir I believe it said . 
so would I be better off buying a older year  riser like you guys had mentioned fits with stock lines ? And if so what year were the risers for that you interchanged ? 
thanks ! 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, BostonDanny said:

I recently bought a Corbin saddle for my 2021 tracer 9 gt and now I’m sliding forward more then I was with the stock seat .

Do you use tank grips?  Whenever I brake or corner, I squeeze the tank with my knees to prevent sliding forward. 

https://techspec-usa.com/yamaha-fj-09-2015-current-tracer-900-gt-2015-2019-tank-grips.html

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***