Hello from Lincolnshire U.K

Travster

I’m a long time lurker who bought a GT back in Sept 2019. I thought it was about time to join and say hello. 

I was seriously considering a new 9 GT or a Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, but I have decided to keep my bike for another year or so. I suffer a little with OCD, and the self induced worry of having to keep a new bike clean is a huge drain on me. 

So instead of a new bike I’ve treated myself to a heated seat which should arrive later this week. 

So, to sum up, Hello!

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Sounds like you came to the right place :)

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

7 hours ago, Travster said:

I was seriously considering a new 9 GT

Hi and welcome, I was looking at the new GT a few weeks ago when I went with my friend when he picked up his new 9GT and like you was very tempted by the new model but will run My 17 reg example at least another year. 

Welcome!  Still happy with my 2020 900 GT but am tempted but he T9GT.  Today I rode up to Chattanooga which is only 150 miles one way.  Weather was nice and sunny.  Wasn't far along and came across construction on the interstate where they were repairing the concrete road surface b cutting out bad parts and replacing them.  Just after that was a section they had just completed and enough moisture so that a big truck in the right lane kicked up a nice spray of wet concrete dust!!!  All over my bike and visor.  I'll be needing a little OCD tomorrow as got back too late tonight to wash it.  

It was mostly in the 50s F on the way up but on the way back was in the mid 50s but felt colder as the sun was setting or set.  Had to actually plug in my Warm n Safe heated jacket!  Not the best time to be wearing my mesh riding jacket.  LOL I've ridden in as cold or colder temps out west and not felt as cold - its that humidity thing!

3 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

Welcome @Travster, really interested to hear how the heated seat works out as I've been trying to decide whether to get one or not. As I'm a shortarse I'm particularly interested in how much (if any) the new seat raises the seat height.

I’ll let you know! It should be with me on Friday and I hope to fit it this weekend. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 12/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, Travster said:

I’m a long time lurker who bought a GT back in Sept 2019. I thought it was about time to join and say hello. 

I suffer a little with OCD, and the self induced worry of having to keep a new bike clean is a huge drain on me. 

So, to sum up, Hello!

Hello!

We've got guys on this form with OCD so bad it will make yours look like child's play.

Why, some of us have our engine oil analyzed and sprockets measured for wear.

You'll fit right in my friend.

• Haha 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 7:26 PM, bowlin01 said:

Welcome @Travster, really interested to hear how the heated seat works out as I've been trying to decide whether to get one or not. As I'm a shortarse I'm particularly interested in how much (if any) the new seat raises the seat height.

Sorry for the late reply! The seat is approximately 1cm higher than the standard. 
Comfort wise it’s ok, I’ve done a couple of 1.5 hour rides and it’s feels better than the standard seat. Apparently they take a fair few miles to break in. 
The heating is awesome, having rode through two Winters previously on this bike, I wish I’d had it fitted when it was new. 

On 12/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, Travster said:

I was seriously considering a new 9 GT or a Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, but I have decided to keep my bike for another year or so. I suffer a little with OCD, and the self induced worry of having to keep a new bike clean is a huge drain on me. 

So instead of a new bike I’ve treated myself to a heated seat which should arrive later this week. 

So, to sum up, Hello!

Keep your 900gt!It does not offer you anything more the 9Gt

18 hours ago, Travster said:

Sorry for the late reply! The seat is approximately 1cm higher than the standard. 
Comfort wise it’s ok, I’ve done a couple of 1.5 hour rides and it’s feels better than the standard seat. Apparently they take a fair few miles to break in. 
The heating is awesome, having rode through two Winters previously on this bike, I wish I’d had it fitted when it was new. 

@Travster Thanks for that.I'll have to start looking out for one (don't seem to be many about, lots of adverts, but 'out of stock').

Cheers

Steve

5 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

@Travster Thanks for that.I'll have to start looking out for one (don't seem to be many about, lots of adverts, but 'out of stock').

Cheers

Steve

My local dealer ordered it for me, along with the matching pillion seat. It came from the Holland, I think that is where the main Yamaha parts/spares hub is for Europe, though I could be wrong.

Both seats arrived at the dealer within a few days, but when they checked the packaging they found an issue with the heated seat. It looked like it had previously been fitted and returned. My dealer was straight on the phone to Yamaha and arranged for another to be sent. Can’t fault their service and commitment. 

Good luck with your search  

Travster. 

• Thumbsup 1